6. Alex

I couldn't help but think about what she said earlier. I didn't underestimate her, I just wouldn't ever acknowledge her. She was pretty enough to pull me and we both knew it. But why would I agree? A small smile played on my lips as I stepped out of the shower.

Weird how completely dressed I was because apparently I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Being a good human, I had to keep my end of the deal. I noticed how she was laying with her back facing me in the bed. She looked rather small like that. I turned my head as I called her name. "Nicotine."

I heard a hum from her and I frowned. Did she sleep already? I walked over as I rubbed my wet hair. Her hair tied in a ponytail, neatly pushed back as she slept. She had that defenceless expression on her face which was so rare to see. She seemed unrecognisable without her spectacles and that cute pout.

I frowned. I felt this weird relaxing feeling and I didn't like the thought of it. "What are you Peach? Why do you annoy me so much?" I questioned with a permanent frown as I stopped my hand from touching her cheeks. I stayed, stared at her for a while.
*
*
*
*
My eyes opened to the sun rays entering the room. I turned around and I didn't find Ashley. I sighed as I raised myself up from the bed. I followed my usual morning routine and headed downstairs. There was no mess in the room but I did notice Ashley had unpacked and she was everywhere already.

The first thing I smelled was her peach body wash in the bathroom. Then her products and a little of her usual body spray. I sighed, as I descended the stairs. I heard laughter railing from one side of the kitchen. I saw granny and Ashley standing next to each other. Grandma was cooking and Ashley stood their setting up the dining table.

"It's really nice to have someone around. God knows how many days I have left and spent alone in this big mansion." I heard grandma as I walked closer.

"Don't be negative. As cool as you are, I am pretty sure you're going to be riding a bike soon. You know what Rachel, I want to be you when I grow up." I heard Ashley. I paused hiding behind the wooden wall.

"I see you Alex!" Damn it! I cursed and walked over kissing Grandma's forehead and my eyes met with Ashley.

"Save your kisses for her!" She nudged me in my stomach and I chuckled. I was suddenly reminded of Ashley being my girlfriend. Dang!

"Fine, fine." I muttered and walked to her. I leaned in and paused just for a millisecond to look in her eyes. Ashley's eyes held surprise as I gave her a light peck on the lips. I felt the softness and then a weird sensation inside me.
"Good  morning." I raised a brow when my eyes fell on those cheeks which instantly turned a deep shade of  pink.

I stared at her soft lips. Just a second of contact and I could feel the softness lingering already. Ashley stood their still pressing her lips together before she licked them. "Good morning." She tried to smile but I noticed the hesitation. My eyes following the glide of her tongue. I felt the back of my throat itch slightly.

Granny pushed me away as she served the food. "Get seated and finish your breakfast. Me and Ashley are going on a ladies date later. Then tomorrow, I will have a trip with Alex and let Ashley relax and enjoy the spa!" She chimed and clasped her hands together. I had never seen granny so excited and it somehow bothered me.

She was actually really happy to be meeting Ashley. I had not missed a single thing that I didn't tell her about Ashley. She knew I didn't like her but then one day I lied that I was dating her. And I had the memory fresh of that day when it all started. I cleared my throat as we all started our breakfast.

"By the way Ash, what do you even like in him? He is so annoying." Grandma nudged my arm again and I rolled my eyes. But then they settled on Ashley's. She stared back at me for a couple seconds.