15. Ashley

I was feeling cold in an empty dark place, when all of a sudden there was flash of light. I looked up from the corner of that dark room to see a man walk towards me. He came closer and I felt warmer. His warmth engulfed me as he put his hand on my cheek and then he kissed me tenderly. I felt all warm and back to life, I wasn't afraid of the dark anymore. But then he disappeared from my sight in a mere second. I felt overwhelmed and scared. "Alex!" I gasped as I opened my eyes.

I saw him next to me sitting on the edge of the bed. His face full of confusion. My heart skipped a beat when I realised he was right there. "Alex." I repeated his name and wrapped my arms around him. He couldn't leave me there in the dark. He wrapped his arms around me caressing my back.

I could feel my pulse in my eardrums. I didn't know for how long had I been sleeping. I had no idea. "I am sorry." I said as I pulled away from him. I looked down again, not looking at his eyes. I didn't want to look in those eyes that made me feel so overwhelmed with so many emotions.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. "I just had a weird dream."

He got a hold of my Jaw and turned my face towards him. I looked down at his chest. "Ashley stop being a kid and look at me." He said with a hint of coldness in his voice.

"No." I said in a whisper pushing his hand away as I rolled off to the other side, fluently stepping off the bed. "What time is it?" I asked as I headed inside the bathroom.

"It's almost dinner time. But you and me are going out tonight." I heard him say as he entered the bathroom after me. I dried my face with the towel and he just stared at me, I could feel it through the mirror.

"Ashley, I know you are upset about Elena ignoring you today." He said and I paused in front of him. I finally looked up at him.

"I am not upset about Elena, I know her. I expected her to be a bitch to me. But I didn't expect you to play filthy hate games with me Alex. One moment you are hating on me, wishing me to disappear. Next thing I know is I am waking up in your arms. I feel like shit. Because I do not understand you, nor do I understand myself. Why do I even let you do this to me?" I said it and I felt better. It wasn't sadness what I felt. Anger probably.

"Chose a side, stick to it. Either hate me, or either love me. If you chose to hate me, I would make you love me and if you chose to love me, I'd show you what's its like to be loved. To be happy. And I am not afraid to admit, that there is still hope for us Alex. Don't ruin it." I said as I passed by him.

"Are we still going to eat pizza?" I looked back at him and he nodded absentminded.

"Ashley-" he said and I cut him off. "I don't want to hear anything. Please I want a good pizza." I said and removed my t-shirt swiftly, not caring about his presence. I put on my crop top and turned to face him. He was blankly staring at me.

"I am done. Let's go." I picked up my lip balm rubbing it along my lips. He sighed and we both headed downstairs. I felt good, shutting him up was much better. I saw Elena. She passed me an up and down glance before she rolled her eyes.

If it were the old us, I would have beat the shit out of her. And I still wished to. "Don't give me that look Elena." I retorted, knowing that provoking was the best way to get her talking.
"Oh shut up Ashley, leave like you always do. Let me be at peace." She picked the beer can and gulped it down.

"I am." I walked outside and I saw Rachel with her brows touching her forehead. I smiled apologetically and she just shrugged at me. I noticed Alex's smirk and that smile he passed Elena.
*
*
*
"I haven't seen that Ashley in a while." He said breaking the thick silence in the car.