17. Ashley

I woke up in the middle of the night with a throbbing head. I sighed as I lifted myself up from the bed. I wasn't feeling good, I wanted water. I turned to look at Alex who was sleeping right next to me. I looked down at myself and I noticed I was wearing nothing except his t-shirt.

I didn't get time to think it over and blush since there was a sudden blast of nauseousness that erupted inside me. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand and ran towards the bathroom. As soon as I pushed the door open I ran to the toilet and puked everything that needed to be released out. Too much alcohol.

I felt burning in my throat and that bad taste of vomit lingered as my nauseousness reappeared. I pushed my hair back but before I knew, two warm hands collected them behind my head. My cheeks turned red out of embarrassment. "Alex leave.." I muttered but I couldn't complete as I puked once again. I sighed as the nauseousness settled enough.

I leaned back against his hands as I breathed deeply. As if all the energy had left my body, it felt numb. My head was blank. I wanted warmth, rest. I breathed deep and soon there was a glass of water pressed against my lips. "Rinse it out, the bad taste."
I heard his heavy voice. He was definitely fast asleep. I turned my head to him and I saw a small frown on his forehead as he stared down at me. He was still groggy.

I bit my lower lip lightly. "I'd prefer mouth wash." I muttered and he simply got to his feet, fetching it for me. I quickly rinsed my mouth a couple times with mouthwash and water. "I'd be there. Give me a minute." I said again but he didn't move standing there staring at me.

I got onto my feet. My eyes were watering and red. I sighed as I flushed the toilet and then washed my face well before I walked over to where he stood. I leaned into him as my arms went around his waist and my head on his chest. I felt secure, I finally had the secure feeling I craved. And he accepted me. His arms locked behind me for a few seconds before I was swept off my feet and carried back to the bed.

I didn't open my eyes. I didn't want to wake up from this dream. It was way too beautiful and I knew it'd leave a void in me if it ended. He pulled me in his arms again as we both settled in the bed. There was no exchange of words but his fingers constantly brushing my hair were enough to tell me that he cared.

My head resting on his falling and rising chest, the scent of his cologne combined with male pheromones, the warmth of having a secure feeling rising in my chest; everything made my heart swoon. My blood rushed through my body. I looked up at him and he had his eyes shut. He must have been sleepy.

I closed my eyes, trying not to think of anything but the moment I was in. But I couldn't stop wondering about our past.

I was standing in Elena's room, waiting for her to finish her shower. My foot constantly tapping the floor. I could hear Alex earlier from his room talking to someone on call possibly. I wasn't ready to face him after what happened the night on my b'day. Even Elena wasn't aware of that I had kissed her brother. How could I tell her?

And what I feared had come true. I had a crush on my  friend's brother since I was a teenager. He kissed me on my bday and I wasn't able to get my mind off his thoughts since last two weeks. I didn't have his number, I didn't want to ask from Elena. I was in a middle of a nowhere with our situation. I sighed and just as I did, I heard a knock on the door.

I walked towards it, swinging it open and my breath was caught in my throat. Alex.  My eyes fell on his handsome face filled with seriousness. His hair set neatly and he was dressed in his suit. He was probably leaving for work. I guessed. My eyes scanned his face and slowly found his eyes. A bitterness in them but there was much more in that look on his face.