16. Alex

I stared deep into Ashley's eyes as she sat across the table in that red dress hugging her curves the best way. Every man's eye was on her that evening and I knew it.

That sure wasn't jealousy I felt, that was a blissful feeling in my chest that she was with me, as mine. No, she was mine. Mine to hate, mine to love, mine to touch, mine to play with. In that moment I felt the urge to pull her in my arms and kiss those lips and leave marks all over her for everyone to see. But I knew she'd hate it so I didn't.

I didn't even realise when everything changed in the atmosphere. From the hate to this strong attraction. Maybe because I knew how she felt, how she tasted and how her touch spread warmth across my body. How her smile could make my day. How much I missed her sarcasm that'd made me think of better comebacks.

I was lost and I had no idea how many times she must have called my name because she seemed annoyed when I came out of my trance. I apologised; realising the waiter was there. I quickly ordered the drinks and main course, because we were quite famished after all the arguments we had had.

Seeing me getting lost again; she cleared her throat. "What were you thinking?" She asked as she put her elbow forward on the table showing a bit of her cleavage. A little pout on her lips and a hint of naughtiness danced in her eyes.

"Make a guess." I said sipping the wine. My head couldn't stop fantasising about walking over to her grab her by her arm and pull her to the bathroom and fuck her. It'd be wild and amazing but I knew she deserved better than that. She needed an ecstatic experience that she'd never forget. That'd make her not being able to walk for a few days. That'd make her want to say my name over and over again until she is passed out. I felt heat travelling down my belt thinking about it.

She picked up the wine glass and kissed the rim before sipping it. FUCK. Why did I ever tease her because she was taking all her revenge in one single night. She licked her lips. "Maybe positions." She said, unhesitant, unbothered. She had that innocent expression on her face. I'd not let her win that game, ever.

"Yea, I was thinking how good you'd look on your knees with a handprint on that ass." I said as I took another sip. She laughed a little before she turned crimson red. She lifted her wine glass and leaned back on the chair placing her other arm under her breasts.

She gulped down all the wine in one go and before I knew she placed it down. "I'd look better riding it." she smiled.
She sighed as her glass was replaced with a refilled one. She sipped it again. "I don't want you to drink much. You are a trouble once you drink." I said and all of a sudden my thoughts were replaced with rather concern. Seeing her chug down the wine was not a good sign. I shouldn't have pulled her string.

"I know. But I want to get drunk tonight." She said as she sipped but maybe she noticed the coldness that was spreading through me. "Alright fine, I won't for now." She sighed and placed the wine glass at the centre of the table.

"Is this a date, Alex?" She smiled sheepishly as she leaned back on the chair.
"Do you wish it was, Ashley?" I said tilting my head lightly.
"Is it not, Alex?" She asked again. I could see those eyes dim gently and when I remained silence I saw them light up again. I was just taking in how beautiful she looked wearing nothing but that red lipstick. The pendant I chose for her was so pretty on her. It was a part of her.

Memories washing over me of our first few dates when we had just started dating all those years ago. She was this shy and bro-zoned girl all in one. She didn't care but she really did. It was hard to understand her, when I thought I almost did, things changed. The accident, the disappearance, the cheating, the company scandal, the recruitment, the beginning of the hate game. Everything was in front of my eyes. Only we were constant.