21. Ashley

My jaw felt numb. My head hurt as I laid on my side. Blood rushed from the corner of my lip. Sweat trickled everywhere on my body. I groaned as I quickly lifted myself up. My anger rose inside of me. This wasn't the first blow Elena took but it wouldn't be the last one because I was not going to hold back anymore.

I lifted my eyes to look at her. Her under-eye skin was a little bruised along her jaw. I smiled back at her as I punched her in the face once again. "You bitch." I muttered and she fumbled, falling backwards, laying flat on her back. I kicked her thigh.

"I said I didn't fucking leave." I yelled giving her another kick. "You! Left! First! You! Changed! Your! Contact." I spit out every word loud and clear as she raised herself again supporting herself with her elbows.

"I wrote you letters every single day." She said as she hit me behind my knee making me fall over next to her. I hit my knees and another groaned rose inside me.

"I didn't get a single fucking letter!" I cleaned the blood from the side of my lip. I breathed deep staring at her. Her stare burned on my face.
"Do you think after what happened I wouldn't have cared where you were? You.. how could you believe that? I seriously waited everyday to see you, to see Alex. Even now I wish I could go back in time, stop that shitty accident, that pregnancy reports. I wish I could have.."

"You can't change shit."  She yelled. "I actually didn't care about you leaving, I cared that you weren't with me. I missed you every single day and when Alex told me you were happy, that you didn't once come to see him, that you were laughing your ass off with another man. It just riled up inside me. I hated that we lost YOU, not that you left. I was angry, sad, mad. I have friends Ashley, Of course I do, but You left without a word. And you know how much it hurts when Alex did that to you."

"I came to see him everyday, Your mother wouldn't let me. She knew I was the reason for that accident. She knew I was the reason her son was suffering. She knew that the guy that got you pregnant was my cousin Elena! She knew and she didn't want her children to suffer anymore. So she never let me see you both. But I tried everyday until one day she called security on me, and threw me out. I knew nothing was possible. But here we are Elena, please hear me out. Let me tell you everything that happened, honestly. Please."

"Please." I repeated and she nodded her head lightly. I settled next to her, removing my boxing gloves.

I looked at Alex once before both me and Elena left in the car. There was blood dripping down my head. "I promise nothing has happened El." I told Elena. She nodded her head. "I am sure Ashley, I am four weeks pregnant. I got the reports done. But I can't keep this baby." She said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Tell me Elena, you can't or you don't want to?" I ask her and the cab driver turned to look at us.

"I want to Of-course, you know I love babies. I wouldn't want to abort this life. It's precious." She said through her tears as she placed a hand on her almost invisible belly. I put my hand over hers.

"Then you are going to keep this baby." I tell her. "You would go to the doctor, get your check-up done and head home." I command her as she settled back. Sobbing. My heart pounded in my chest thinking about Alex. He must be in a dilemma because of me. He would suffer because of me. We were over. I bit back my tears.

A few minutes later, we were in the hospital. I was getting my wound checked while Elena got her scans done. Nothing serious had happened yet, she was in a good health. I was relieved but just then my phone ringed. I looked down to see Alex's number. I answered it instantly , not letting it ring the second time.