36. Ashley

I turned my head to look at Alex and he nodded his head at me. I looked at the huge mansion in front of me. I hadn't stepped inside since his mother had me thrown out. My heart thundered in my chest. It was Elena's wedding in three days and I was excited to be meeting her but the thought of seeing Alex's mother and father wad eating me Alive.

He held my hand in his. "Your parents are waiting inside too, remember? So just calm down." He kissed the back of it and I smiled gently. At-least Alex was with me and he was my biggest supporter. I held onto his hand tightly as he guided me inside. I was just a step back from him and it made me feel so much at ease.

We stepped Inside and everyone turned their head towards us. I saw a familiar yet a new renovated living hall. My heart thundered in my chest with a mix of excitement and nervousness. I saw Alex's Mother, his father, my mother, my father, Elena, David, Ash and his grandmother. I could even see Josh and someone unfamiliar. I breathed in and then out. Everything slowed down, their smiles, their eyes on me, my heartbeat.

"Peach." Alex called from my side and I realised that I was dazed. Before I knew my mom's scent invaded my insides as she pulled me in her arms. I groaned. "Mom." I closed my eyes and everything fell into pieces slowly. I heard my dad as he hugged us too. My tears edged my eyes. They looked at me with warmth and a weird happiness. It was as if they already knew what I wanted to tell them.

"I missed you." My mom muttered and I chuckled. "I did too, sometimes." I never lied and she rolled her eyes. My father kissed my head. "Congratulations, you did it." He whispered. I looked at him and he just smiled at me subtly. I grinned. Both of them jumped on Alex and my mom was teasing him already.

Elena pulled me to side. "Come on, no attention to your girlfriend?" She whined and I just smiled. She hugged me and kissed my head too. "I am so happy for you, I could see it today, you and Alex. I am looking forward to witness some romance before I wed off." She chimed.

"Well, I haven't gotten my period yet, it could end surprisingly." I joked and she raised a brow. "Oh yea, That's how a great love-story begins. Look at me." She gestured and I just nodded at her.
"But like seriously, are you pregnant?" She asked.

Before I could answer, Alex stood next to me. "Whose pregnant?" He asked and everyone looked at me and Elena. Everyone was curious all of a sudden and I just stood their shallow.
"No one is, we're just joking around. And if anyone even is, they must know since they are aware of their banging schedule." Elena said and I suppressed a laugh.

"Ew Elena, stop." Her mother said and all of us walked back to the sitting area. I looked at Ashley's mother and she smiled at me gently before she extended her arms and I stepped forward in them.
"I am sorry aunty." I whispered the first thing.

"Don't Ashley. Somethings are better left in the past. I was wrong, you were wrong. Please forgive me because I had long forgiven you. I saw that smile on Alex's face and Elena's face.  I missed witnessing it. Thankyou for this beautiful gift." She smiled at last and I nodded, holding back my tears. She patted my shoulder and walked to her husband's side who had ignored mine and Alex's presence. I sighed.

My eyes shifted to Alex who gestured me to take a seat next to him. I walked over and he pulled me closer to him keeping an arms around my shoulder. I relaxed into his body. "Are you okay?" He whispered.  I nodded my head gently and he kissed my nose. "Don't worry too much about everything, hm? It's your girlfriend's wedding, so enjoy your best." He added and I nodded my head again.

It didn't feel awkward anymore and I loved this feeling. Everyone had started to discuss the wedding plans and I was just listening, letting it sync in. I was grateful for it. It was all good, very good in-fact.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We were in Alex's room. Where he asked me out for the first time, where we first met. I bit my lip thinking of the memory. I stood by the window when I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind.
Alex looked at me. "Peach, did you miss your period?" He looked at me and I paused, taking a gulp.
"We used protection." I whispered back. "I even took the morning pill when we did it for the first time."

"Well that doesn't answer my question." His voice was calm. I bit my lower lip and I fell silent. I was somehow scared to say it out loud.
"Yes." I whispered under my breath.
"We can wait and get a test done later if required, I am genuinely ready for having our mini versions." He said kissing my neck and I looked at him wide eyed.

"Alex.. do you really want to take a chance, if there is?" I stared at him and he nodded, not smiling, not frowning but just that calm expression. He stared at me as I saw him tear up slowly. I noticed how the tears brewed in those deep eyes of his. A slow frown formed on my face.
"What happened?" I turned around and held his face in my hands.

"I love you." He whispered and I felt this weird ache in my heart. "I know." I nodded and he pressed his forehead into mine.
"I promise I'd be the best dad every, I will spoil you, our kids. I guarantee." He said and I chuckled.

"That depends on luck." I said and he sighed. "I know, and I am not talking about now. It all depends on you, I will always be ready for a family with you. Always. You are my everything, seriously." He said with such a seriousness, I blushed.

I looked down at his chest. "Alex I.. I didn't tell you something. I.. I used to write about you since I was 16. I wrote in one of my books that I wanted to have a family with you. I still write about you. And I still want a family with you." I drew circles on his chest with my fingers slowly. I looked up and saw him smiling gently.

"I know I have read them." He muttered. A surprise struck me and my eyes widened. My heart skipped a beat and he just chuckled.
"Well you haven't yet read my journal about you. Every detail of yours, everything I wanted to do with you, to you and for you is there. I couldn't express them when I had a crush on you. You were a minor and I was fucking 19. I never said it. And then I got a chance finally when I turned 22 and you turned 19. But then again, we were pulled apart and I didn't know what to do with my thoughts about you so I wrote everything about you. In the basement, after that till yesterday." He said and I was speechless.

He held my hand in his. "And from now on, you are my journal. I won't write anymore, I'd speak, do and tell everything I want and think of." He kissed me and I smiled amidst the kiss.

"Is this what a happy ending feels like?" I asked him and he paused.

"This is what love feels like, when you fight for it, even if it means fighting yourself." He replied and I smiled and it turned into a grin.

~•~

And the story ends!

~•~

Make sure to check epilogue and then Author's note for updates related to my new book dropping in January. ❤️