EPILOGUE

(Alex)

I heard the sound of knock on my study's door. I sighed. "What is it Ashley, I already told you I need at-least fifteen minutes alone to cool down!" I tried my best not to raise my voice. My temples blazed with a new headache. I didn't want to see her for at-least 15-20 minutes after our arguments as our relationship rule.

What was even the issue? I sighed when I heard the knock on the door but louder. I frowned and made my way to unlock it. I looked outside and saw no one but I felt a tug on my pant. I looked down at saw my four year old smiling with her chocolate smeared on her chubby cheeks. My frown dropped into a tired smile.

"Hey Rosie." I whispered as I lifted her up in my arms. She kissed me on my cheeks, and her tiny hands held my face as she did. Chocolate was long all over me. Ashley came running after. Her hair were a mess as she pressed her lips in a thin straight line. Her one hand held a pack of wet baby wipes.

"Rosalie stop.." she paused when she looked at me. Her eyes met mine for a split second as she looked away, back at our daughter. I saw the disappointment in her eyes and that subtle anger. "Come here." She said with a gentle tone but Rosie refused to go to her. Even she could sense her mother's foul mood. "No." She whispered in the crook of my neck.

Her chocolate stained my white black t-shirt and I just smiled gently. I extended my hand toward Ashley who passed me a wipe. I cleaned Rosie's cheeks and face and she let me. Ashley cleaned her hands softly. "I had put Oliver to sleep." She whispered.

"It's also about Rosie's nap time, that's why she's grumpy." I said, still staring at her. Ashley nodded her head, not looking at me once.
"Come on baby, let's take a short nap? Dada's gotta buy us ice-cream okay?" She asked and Rosie smiled.
"Okay mommy." She hopped into Ashley's embrace.

Ashley walked inside the kid's room and I walked after her, stopping at the door frame. Ashley laid Rosie in her bed and laid next to her. Rosie snuggled next to her as she closed her eyes, falling asleep slowly. In about ten minutes, she fell asleep and all I did was just stand there and stare at them. I felt calmer, I had cooled down as soon as I saw Ashley's red eyes. She must be really upset at me.

I sighed when she walked past me into our room and I followed her again. "Peach." I whispered and she stopped, looking at me with her red eyes, at the edge of crying.
"I am sorry." I whispered under my breath as I stood there just an inch away from her. She sighed as she put her face in my chest. Tears rolled down her eyes and I caressed her back.

She looked up at me. "I am sorry too. But I just was a little overwhelmed by everything. It's been eight years and I still sometimes loose it amidst kids and everything. Oli's having fever, Rosie being grumpy and you.. you forgot my birthday." She said and I cursed myself internally.
Who would tell her that surprises were a thing?

I kissed her on her head. "Well who said I forgot your birthday? Surprises are a thing Ashley and I didn't want to ruin it, but I certainly have to." I said as I lifted her off her feet.
"Where are you taking me?" She asked and I carried her down the stairs.

I saw Mom and Elena there. They waved at us. "Have fun." I smiled and Ashley was taken aback.

"Alex, what the fuck?" She kicked her legs as I walked outside and made her sit inside the car. I got into driver's seat and started driving while she looked around confused.
"Where are you taking me?" She asked again.

"On a date." I smiled at her.
"Why?" She yelled. "Oli would be grumpy when he wakes us, Rosie's sleeping as well. Alex don't take me too seriously, I don't really need a surprise.."

"Shut up." I cut her off. "Settle down lady, and Oli's a six year old. Rosie doesn't really care and we both know that. Elena and Mom will look after them for us for the next three days while we enjoy our weekend alone."

"But-"

"Shut Up wifey. Come on I waited for six months after planning all this shit. So we're going. And don't worry I packed for both of us." I said before she could object again.
I held her hand and kissed the back of it.
.
.
.
.
"This is.. this is beautiful." Ashley looked outside the penthouse resting on the beach. The wind caressed her still messy hair. She wore a plain t-shirt which said "Mom" and her leggings. A typical Mom attire. We were both working and for Ashley it was the biggest challenge.

It had been actually a long time since we stepped into our break from our family duties, parent duties, work duties. I just wanted it to be us for a few moments. I stared at Ashley ans she turned to look at me with the same teary eyes.

"I love you. Oh god so much." She exclaimed as she pulled me down to kiss me. I have gotten used to her wild expressions of love over time. At times she was shy and at times she'd dominate me, in every situation. I loved both of her sides, because she was mine in every way.

"Can we have a quickie before we began this date of yours?" She bit her lower lip and I chuckled.
"And someone said they weren't interested." I rolled my eyes as I lifted her up with her legs around my waist.

"I was lying. I needed you, us, so fucking bad." She kissed me again and I walked inside the living room to the kitchen. I made her sit in the empty counter and she moaned into my mouth. I smiled as I caressed her waist.

"Not like this Ashley." I smiled and she groaned again.
"Wait till the very midnight, because when the beach goes silent, that's when I want you to cry out my name." I kissed her neck and she sighed.

"I want to read that book again Alex." She bit her lip.
"The one I wrote?" I asked ans she nodded.
"Okay, I will make you read it when I am inside you." I smiled and she rolled her eyes. "I still never understood why you called me Peach?"

"It's quite simple." I added and she frowned. I touched her hips. "It was because of your round ass." I said and she scoffed. I gave it a smack and she laughed surprisingly.
"Asshole." She whispered. I smiled.
"Bitch." I murmured.

"Do you know Elena? What would be favourite nickname for myself?" I heard Ashley's perky teenage voice. I groaned. Oh I hated her, her annoying sound always echoed through the whole garden. I didn't wish to see her face, she must be a weirdo.

I lifted my heavy body off the bed and walked to the window wanting to close it. And that's when I saw her, her brown long hair rested in a messy bun while her oversized clothes hid her body well. She looked up at me. "Shut the window asshole." She frowned and that's when I noticed the reflection on her face.

I was flustered as I shut it. "Bitch." I whispered. How dare she call me an asshole? I was three years older than her. I groaned and she continued her talk with Elena who was laughing at me with her. I stood there trying to get a look at her face.

"Make a guess Elena, it's easy!" She nudged her shoulder and Elena just sighed.
"Well It's Peach, because you can eat peach right? So if a guy wants to eat me out, it can be a code word. I want to eat peach? How innovative." She seemed so proud of her joke and I was standing there disgusted. But she had a point, didn't she?