<Chapter 12>

A week later, my throat was healed, and we were on another adventure. Bumblebee was taking us somewhere again. I couldn't wait to see it.

"Groundbridge controls set to your requested coordinates, Lieutenant bumblebee." Fixit says.

Bumblebee responds "Thank you, Fixit. Time to move out for stop number 41 on Bumblebee's Titanic Tour of Earth!"

The minicon says "Oh how I wish I could go with you. You visited so many amazing places! U-uh, waterfalls, pyramids, that adorable, tilted building in the land humans call Italy."

"You've missed exactly zots, Fixit, since we took down Decepticon island, we've just been... LOOKING at stuff. Most of it old." Sideswipe complains.

Bee counters "Hey, old stuff can be important, and history is interesting."

Swipes says "Yeah, history. When everything was slow... like Strongarm."

The femme elbows his chassis and remarks "How's that for slow, punk?"

The bridge starts up and our Lieutenant says "This tour stop is special team. I think you're really going to get a kick out of it, especially you ShiverTooth."

Grimlock asks "ShiverTooth gets to kick something? Aw, I wanted to."

I go to hold my hands up, not wanting the opportunity for me and to pass it to Grimlock but Bumblebee says "No. we just.... You— alright, just come on." On the other side was a military base room. I recognized it too. I gasped and Bee winks at me. I stay quiet but silently cheer.

"Of all the tour stops you've taken us to. No question, this is the worst." Sideswipe whines.

"You have teleported us to a human military base?" Drift questions.

Strongarm exclaims "OH, we'll be discovered any minute. Lieutenant, you have blown our cover on earth!! Fixit, the Lieutenant has compromised our cover. Open a groundbridge portal and bring us back!"

"Belay that, Fixit. Everything is fine here, out. Just relax autobots. What do you notice about this place?" The Lieutenant adds

Strongarm walks away and runs her digit across a highly dusted table. "There's a concentrated layer of atmospheric particles on all of the furniture in here, as though none of it has been used in an extended period of time." She remarks.

Bee states "Dusty. Right. What else?"

Grimlock looks around "Um, whoever used this place had terrible taste in really old furniture?"

Drift adds "There is nothing but old furniture here. It has been stripped of personal items and any equipment of value."

The cadet agrees "In other words, I think this place was abandoned."

"It's abandoned, now." Bee says. He looks to me who was still excited "Shall we go outside?" I nod, jumping around.

Sideswipe asks Grimlock "You think he knows something?"

"Probably. I don't know anything..." The Dinobot states.

We walk out and Bumblebee asks "Alright, let's scan that jeep for some desert camouflage just in case."

"Well, what about me?" Grim whimpers. Bee looks to me and we nod. He then says "Grimlock, if anyone asks, you're a big green metal robot from outer space that can turn into a dinosaur."

"Gotcha! Hope I can remember that." Grim says.

Strongarm asks "Wait but I thought we were Robots in Disguise!"

"He'll be fine. This place knew us, back then. Trust Bumblebee. All will be alright." I say.

We walk around the building and spot the old base. Strongarm realizes "Sir, are we where I think we are?"

Sideswipe nods "Yeah. In the middle of a bunch of abandoned buildings. My mind is totally blown by how historically significant this is."

The cadet gets in his face "This is significant. This is the base that Optimus Prime, Lieutenant Bumblebee, and their team used in their battles against Megatron, Starscream—-"

"Yeah I don't need a history lesson. Then doesn't matter, just now, and now the place doesn't look like much." Swipe complains.

I hit his shoulder "You'd be surprised what's here. Maybe you'll learn something."

Bumblebee explains "Well the humans didn't get anything of Cybertronian importance from the base. We put those things in the subterranean levels which we never even told them about... For their own safety. We sealed those floors up tight before we left...."

"And then Unicron attacked us in Megatron's body." I remark with a smirk. Bee snorts and starts laughing.

Strongarm asks "Can we take a closer look?"

Sideswipe counters "Without deactivating from bordem? I doubt it."

"Show some respect, Sideswipe. This is practically hallowed ground for Cybertronians." Strongarm argues.

Bumblebee says "Yeah, well, let's check out the old clubhouse. Alright? Let's rev up and roll out!" We all transform and head for the building.

When we get there, I say that I'm going to scout around. "Bumblebee. I'm going to look around the base, make sure no Decepticons are around."

"Sure thing, ShiverTooth. If something happens, call and we'll come help you out. Have fun, ShiverTooth." He says.

I speed off and go around and around the base, mostly admiring it and remembering what I did here... and when I gave Megatron the location to this place. It sunk me that I betrayed my friends but at that time.... So much was happening. It only seemed like yesterday that it happened. I keep zooming and flying around, looking for cons when I hear shots go off. I zoom around to the others and spot little cyber-drones in the air. I shoot them with my Gatling gun, and they all fall to the ground. "You all alright?" I ask, landing on my feet.

"That made this tour stop a little more fun." Sideswipe states.

Bumblebee coms in "Fixit, we're in proximity to an unknown Cybertronian device. Can you scan it?" My com was off so I didn't hear anything from the base. Bee kept going "Study it's detonation mechanism, Fixit. Find us a way to turn it off."

So, it's a bomb!!??

"We could just dig it up and destroy it, sir." Strongarm says.

Bee disagrees "That could set off the explosive and we just don't know, I mean— it could be powerful enough to destroy the base and that active military installation by the mountains."

Drift asks, "So we simply remain here while Fixit conducts his research?"

The Lieutenant responds "No. whoever set this bomb may still be around. Drift, Slipstream and Jetstorm search that way. Grimlock and Strongarm, head that direction. Sideswipe with me."

They began walking and I call out "What about me?"

Bee turns around and says "Oh, ShiverTooth. Um. I thought you were still scouting. Stay above ground and let us know if you spot any Decepticons, just like what you were doing before." And we split up and go our own ways. I turn on my com in case something happens next.