<Chapter 30>

Time Skip
Knockout thought it was best not to go to the autobot base and called ShiverTooth to another location to talk. ShiverTooth caught Knockout up on what Sideswipe's been doing. Knockout said that he'll get use to his son. They bid farewell and now ShiverTooth is flying back. It was about a 2 day flight there and it's another 2 day flight back.

I was waiting for Drift at our mediation spot, going over my weapons and doing the regular checks required.

I saw Drift walking over to Sideswipe who was no doubt up to something. "Lame grunt work?" The samurai asks. "So, you do not see the importance of maintaining one's weapons."

Jetstorm stands "A well maintained blade is one's first strike against a foe."

Slipstream says "It is true. One smudge on a blade... can alter the trajectory of its cutting motion. Do you not keep your weapon in pristine condition, Sideswipe?"

Drift speaks for him "Of course not. Sideswipe prefers to spend his time on childish pranks and insulting others constantly."

Sideswipe corrects "You mean I like to have fun and joke around sometimes? Guilty! And I—— I only pull pranks off duty. It's not like it affects my work. Right Jet? Slip?"

Drift turns away from him "That you do it at ALL shows how little you respect your teammates. Especially ShiverTooth and all he's been through." I smile, appreciating his mention. Drift then says "I must now go and mediate in order to regain my equilibrium."

He comes around the shelves and walks over to me. He sits infront of me and I retract my weapons and get into position. He does as well and it all goes quiet around us. I feel my power's join with the nature's and my spirit in the balance of the two. It was so peaceful. I know I've said it before but I really see why Drift enjoys this.

When we finish, I notice that the minicons gave Drift his swords back. "Your minicons are quick." I say.

He cocks a ridge and looks down "Oh. Of course."

An alert sounds and we all run over to the command center. Fixit says "I've picked up decepticon signals approaching a train yard for an experimental unmanned maglev train."

Grimlock asks "2 questions; Who's Lev? And why is he so mad?"

I shake my head "M—A—G—L—E—V. MAGlev. Instead of the traditional wheels that a lot of other trains use, Maglevs have electromagnets on the bottom that emit a magnetic field which propels against the same kind of Magnetic, say N to N which causes them to repel and thus carry the train across the tracks with the help of propulsion coils while it seems to levitate off the ground. It makes it go really fast that way."

Almost everyone looks to me. I growl "I saw one when I was a decepticon and it interested me so I researched it."

Bumblebee laughs "Of course you did."

Grimlock says "Even though you explained that, I'm still confused."

Bee goes on "It seems mighty tempting for the stunticons."

Fixit says "Tempting and dangerous. The fusion engine is off label— whole fable—- UNSTABLE!! If the cons are after it and want the engine, removing it could cause an explosion."

"Then we'll keep it away from them." Bumblebee says. The groundbridge starts up and we all run through it. We arrive at the gate and the Lieutenant says "We made it here before the stunticons. Spread out and make sure they don't get inside. Huh?"

We turn and there they were. Dragstrip growls "Should have known we'd find you toasters here."

"You have one chance to surrender." Bumblebee says.