<Chapter 25>

I went on a round trip to recall myself and test all my systems. I spent a few days out and when I returned, it was morning and Fixit was combiner testing with Sideswipe and Grimlock. Bumblebee rolls over "Oh, welcome back, ShiverTooth! Nice to see you here again. Fixit? What is all this?"

The minicon states "Oh, Lieutenant, and commander, welcome. I'm about to recreate your mysterious combiner effect by activating the particles in your bodies irradiated by exposure to nuclear energy."

Bee asks "You mean you figured out how to successfully combine autobots!?"

"I'm certain I have." Fix replies.

Sideswipe argues "Actually, I've decided I'm a lot less certain. Fixit! Let me out of this thing!!"

"Ooh! Ooh! If it works, can I be the head this time!?" Grimlock begs.

Sideswipe says "Okay, I'm definitely out! No way I want two tons of Dino doofus on top of this awesome chassis." Grimlock looks down.

I walk over "Relax, boy. If I would do it, I'd let you..... if there's a choice in combining that is...." Grimlock snuggles into me and purrs.

Fixit says "Now now, Sideswipe. It's just a matter of pushing a little mutton—glutton— button!!! Eh- ooh! yikes! Close one! Now then.... Ready?" Sideswipe started yelling No and Grimlock started cheering yes. "Set," Fixit says.

Bee remarks "You know, Fixit. Maybe this isn't—-"

"WHOOPEE!!!" The minicon pressed the button and it all turned bright.

The mechanism exploded and we were met with Sideswipe's chassis joined to Grimlock's lower body after the smoke cleared "Fixit! Decombine us! Now!" The racer yelled.

"Oh I'm certain the effect will wear off on his own. As it has when ALL of you combined." Fix remarks.

Sideswipe argues "Are you as certain as you were that THIS would work!?"

The minicon states "Hmm, maybe not quite that much."

Strongarm rolls in next "Lieutenant. It looks like human scientists have recovered the shanix coins Crustacean was after—- AHH!!!" She freaked out when she saw the "combiner" we were testing with.

"And how's your day been going?" Sideswipe asked.

Bee states "We better get those coins back before some human connects them to Cybertron and wonders if there are autobots on earth again."

Strongarm explains "The shanix are being held at the natural history museum. We can— huh?" She was interrupted when Jetstorm and Slipstream came by, training.

They go under Side-lock and bump into their master. "Jetstorm, Slipstream. Stop dancing. Engage as instructed." He says. The minicons come back into the open and jump at each other. They collide and then fall down and lay against the ground. "That is not how I instructed you. Do as you were taught and ONLY as you were taught." Drift growls. My wings go down and my eyes turn indigo.

Bumblebee looks to me and then looks to Drift "Hey, they've proven themselves. I thought you were you were okay with them going off script now and then."

The samurai remarks "They are still my students and I am still their teacher, and students obey their teacher."

Fixit calls out "Lieutenant Bumblebee! I'm reading a decepticon ship entering Earth's atmosphere!"

Drift looks to his students "Students! Undeploy!"

They go back to his arms and Bee asks "Drift, do you know this ship?"