<Chapter 46>

We soon stop at a bridge just outside the city and Prime says "The military is evacuating the city."

"But now WE can't get in." Strongarm complains.

Sideswipe remarks "ShiverTooth can." We all look at him. "What? He's a military plane!" I go over to Optimus.

Bumblebee says "Never say who can and can't. We can all go. ShiverTooth can fly overhead and blend in like Sideswipe said. The rest of us, follow me."

I watch him drive off and look up to Optimus "Be seein ya?" He nods and I run off and transform.

I fly overhead and around the buildings, staying far away from everyone. I got a decepticon signal- scratch that. Two signals. I knew the other was Laserbeak. I looked in the direction and saw a bot hooking up a machine on the tallest building in the city. It had to be Soundwave. I located the others and flew down stealthily. I landed and wrapped my arms around myself as my wings fell.

Bumblebee says to the team "The rest of us will try to destroy the beacon."

Optimus sounds "May the primes be with us all."  I watched him take to the air and I say to the rest of the team "Soundwave didn't see me."

Bumblebee says "Good. For both of us. Alright team. We ready?" All of them cheer except for me. Bee looks to me and in a calmer tone asks "ShiverTooth you ready?" I don't answer. "ShiverTooth?" He tries again. He looks to the others and says silently "Has he acted like this before?"

And I started remembering all the things Soundwave and I did together: hanging out. When he hugged me and comforted me. When we talked. Our years before Megatron left and when he came back and his whole explosion event. I thought about how I reacted and damn. I was pathetic back then...

A voice and my body shaking involuntarily shook me from my thoughts "ShiverTooth are you okay?" I looked to see Bumblebee looking at me worriedly. I looked to the others to see them whispering to each other about me.

I growl "I can hear you." They stop and act like nothing happened.

Bumblebee asks "Are you ready to fight Soundwave?" I shake my helm.

He says "I know you're not but we need everything against him. You can do this. Plus you know him well what are his weak points?."

I remember what the bot looked like on the roof who we guessed to be Soundwave. I look to Sideswipe, avoiding Bee's question for the time. "Sideswipe. Are you sure it's Soundwave?"

He nods "Positive."

I answer to Bee "I'm not sure anymore. It looked like he upgraded his armor."

He nods "Understood. Then we're going in like we always did. With a plan and a brief understanding of our con."

Sideswipe cheers "Last one to the top is a pile of rusty scrap!" 

Bumblebee grabs him and says "Hold on Sideswipe. I want us to take on Soundwave with as much power behind us as possible. We're forming the Ultra Bee Team Combiner."

"Without Drift?" Grim questions. "Can we do that?"

Bumblebee states "I don't know. But  Drift serves as the combiner's weapon. Maybe we can form the body without him... or, ShiverTooth." Everyone was clueless. Even me. He continued "Remember when he was hooked up to Menasor? He served as a wing suit. Maybe if we all think of him as a sword, maybe it'll work?"

I agree "Let's try."

Bee nods "Everyone focus." We step back into a circle and focus on the form. But it didn't work and we all just ended up on top of each other in our own forms. "Okay." Bee says "Let's try again."

Strongarm argues "No time, sir. We need a new plan. Something so unexpected, so out of left field it'll take Soundwave completely by surprise."

"I like the sound of this." Sideswipe agrees.

We did end up doing something that no one expected. We decided to ride an elevator up to the roof. Sideswipe did NOT like it. "Ugh. Turns out; it sounded better than it actually is."

"I didn't hear any great plans from YOU, punk." Strongarm counters.

Bumblebee says "Everyone just stay calm. Only... 37 more floors to go."

I groan from under Grimlock's head "I wish I flew up instead."

We finally get to the top and everyone falls out. I stay hidden behind them to avoid Soundwave spotting me. "Okay. We've made better entrances." Sideswipe states.

"Destroy that beacon." Bumblebee calls out "Whatever it takes."

Soundwave throws something to the floor and begins shooting at us. We all separate but I stay behind Grimlock. To hide myself. I hide behind the first set of boxes and lower my wings to avoid the shots. I saw the bots trying to near him. I watched and waited for an opening. Sideswipe ran for it but failed. I walked away from the fight, jumped off the roof and transformed, flying around to the other side. I transform, grab onto the ledge and pull myself up. I watch Soundwave as he shot at the other bots. I walk carefully and get over to the machine without a problem. I take out my hunter and try to bring it down on the machine but I get deflected and thrown back a bit. The beacon was protected by a protective energy shield. Just like the Star Saber. I put my hunter away and take out my ejectable guns. I shoot but it bounces off and hits Soundwave's back. I jump behind cover but I saw him turn around and aim his cannon around. He didn't see me thankfully.

I just then recognized his battle armor. It was from his older years. Starscream was the same but he was slimmer than the build I saw recently. Starscream can't be reasoned with.... But... maybe Soundwave can— No! ShiverTooth no!! You're an autobot. But.... Soundwave.... He's listened to you before. Yeah when you were a decepticon! He won't now!

I saw him turn back around and com to his minicon with his familiar distorted radio voice "Laserbeak. Beacon generator charging. Dispose of the prime and return to sect." 

He turned another way and shot at Bumblebee's and Strongarm's hiding place. They ran infront of me and the machine and the flame from the weapon he owned went over my head and cut a support beam above me. It fell and I nearly got hit by it. I jumped out of the way thankfully. Sideswipe tried to get a hit on him but Soundwave used a tentacle and threw him again.

"Really!?" He shouts as the 2 extra arms begin chasing him.

He joins up with the others and they try from all different sides.  Soundwave freezes 2 of them with a blast from the hunter. Sideswipe ran at him next but the ice hit him. Wave turns to Bumblebee and raises his sword. I run over, slide between them and block his hunter with my own. Soundwave makes eye contact with me. He now knew that I was here. He lets up for a second and stares at my optics for a few clicks. He takes his hunter away and cocks his head at me.

Soundwave takes my empty hand in his and asks "ShiverTooth?"

I look to his face and nod slightly "Long time no see."

He looks to the autobots and steps away, removing his hand from mine "With the enemy? Illogical choice. Requesting reasoning quickly."

I reply "You know I don't kill people and you know I hate hurting autobots AND humans alike. Stop what you're doing and we can settle this between us. No humans need to get involved."

"But Megatron-" he starts

"He's gone, Soundwave! He doesn't care anymore! He abandoned us!"

Wave raises his head, offended "Lies. Megatron will return for us."

I shake my helm "No he won't. Stop what you're doing. This whole idea of yours is pathetic, Soundwave."