<Chapter 24>

No perspective

Over with Drift and Strongarm, they were trying to find a way to locate the stunticons. Drift says "We should utilize the main command console to scan for the stunticons energy signature. It provides a much wider range."

Strongarm says "The Lieutenant wants Fixit to put all his resources into analyzing the combiner effect and finding a way to reunite Sideswipe and ShiverTooth back into themselves."

The samurai states "Unified Sideswipe is barely tolerable. Divided, his two sides are maddening.... ShiverTooth on the other hand—- I hate to say it but he may become unstable. If his personality split, then his dark side; the one that makes him such a warrior but so dull and controlled all the time, will be angry and out of control and may kill someone if he gets the moment. His other side, the blue eyed one, given what just happened, I feel distraught in the fact he may hurt himself and the damage will be irreversible this time around."

"I could tell that his anger made him stronger and less likely to think about hurting himself. I just don't want him to—"

Strongarm stops him "Drift, you worry about him a lot when Optimus isn't here.... Do you—- Like him?"

Drift lightly blushes and argues "What? No! Where are you getting that idea? I care for his life like every one of you."

Strongarm counters "Ever since he told you about it, and yes I heard you two talking, you've been watching him, concerned. You and Bumblebee are the only two really talking to him and Bee even said to me that he thinks somethings going on between you two! So is there or is there not?"

Before Drift could answer, Fixit calls in "Attention all personal. I think I may have an explanation for what occurred in the swamp."

ShiverTooth 2's perspective

We all get to the front after Fixit called us over. the minicon says "I believe the combiner effect may have something to do with the nuclear radiation to which you're exposed in your desert mission. Perhaps the combination of the stunticon's nitro boost with the methane in the swamp triggered something in your irradiated cells."

Bumblebee asks "What about the sunshine and the seeker twins? What made them split?"

Fixit replies "Uncertain. Sideswipe and ShiverTooth were closest to the explosion. The energy from their decepticon hunters may have had something to do with it?" We all check to see if our hunters were there. Mine was, and so was my other self's. Sideswipes' however wasn't. Fixit says "I only detect ShiverTooths' hunters' signatures. Sideswipes' isn't here."

Strongarm asks "Could it have been destroyed in the swamp explosion?"

Bee remarks "Better that than them falling into enemy hands. Still, that leaves us with only two decepticon hunters. Strongarm's and ShiverTooth's."

The samurai on our team states "There is not much we can do about it now."

Bee asks again "Fixit, this 6 into one transformation. Could we learn to control it? Merging into an ultra combiner could really come in handy on our missions."

The mini explains "We have countered two stunticons that combined into one. It may be a matter of finding out how to trigger your ability to combine."

"Without the use of a potentially dangerous explosion, Preferably?" Drift asks.

A beeping sounds and Fixit explains it "A distress call from an isolated state trooper station. They've been struck by a powerful earthquake, and I'm reading a Stunticon signal in proximity."

Lieutenant Bumblebee responds "This could be related to the artifact they stole. You 4 stay here until we can sort out your—- situation."

Sideswipe 2 argues "Not gonna happen! I want action!"