<Chapter 57>

Bumblebee tells Forge "We need Steeljaw to get past the High Council Chamber's defenses. What's the story on these GLORIOUS leaders anyway?"

Drop tells "No one ever heard of these bums before they ran for council. It's like they showed up out of nowhere." We arrive "This is the council building."

Sideswipe groans "Ugh, I can feel the sub sonics."

I try to see what he was talking about "I don't feel anything."

Dropforge pats my shoulder and says "Probably because you spent thousands of cycles near em on your old cruiser." He points me down and I let him to the floor. Forge says "We'll say you escaped and try to keep the heat off of you. I know you'll do me proud you two."

And with that, they ran off. Strongarm and I salute "Thank you sir."

Bee turns to our wolf "Okay, Steeljaw. Time for you to—" he stopped and I could see why. Steeljaw wasn't with us anymore. I turn around, thinking he'd sneak up on me.

Grimlock gasps "He's gone! And wherever he went, I bet it isn't good for us...."

As if on cue, his voice sounds behind Grimlock "Did you think I'd abandon you?" The door to the chamber had also opened. Steel continues "I didn't come this far to sit on the side line."

Drift checks the subsonic frequencies in his receptor "The sub sonics are no longer active."

Steeljaw bows, granting us access. We all walk in and I glare at him "Well aren't you proud? Reminds me of someone."

"Let me guess, Knockout?" He asks.

I grab my helm "Get out of my head, you wolf!!!"

"I'm not in your head, ShiverTooth. I've just been told of your adventures.... Nothing more." He remarks. I knew for sure he'd winked at me and had a scrap-eating grin on his face. As we run into the building, Bee and I change back into our original color schemes.

We finally make it inside and see the mechs responsible. They didn't know we were here yet which was good. "Make your address to the citizens, Cyberwarp. By the time you're finished, we'll have received the signal to send the invasion force." The head bot declares.

Bumblebee says to us "These renegade autobots are so busy with invasion plans, they haven't picked up our signals."

I say to myself "Where do I recognize that voice?" I tried to zoom in to get a closer look but I couldn't quite place the mech talking.

I then saw something on his body. I didn't need to say anything. Fixit handled that part "Sir, I'm reading light bender technology in use."

Bee nods and turns to Drift. The samurai ejects his students and they run over to get a closer look as the bot known as Cyberwarp makes her speech "Fellow Autobots, This is your high council. In moments, we will begin the glorious invasion of earth." She looks to the head bot who nods to her and she continues "Earth has long been the source of our troubles. We know you are weary of conflict, but..... but—-" she stopped and looked to the floor. I saw the emotion in her eyes.

I had been through that before. She didn't want to do what she was doing.... The head bot steps between her and the camera and finishes the announcement "We know you're weary of conflict, friends, but this invasion will insure millennia of peace for our planet. Your high council knows best. Thank you."

The female looks to the head bot as he walks away and says to him "I've rethought my position. Humans should control their OWN planet."

The head bot snaps "YOU are outvoted." He walks to the others "SkyJack, prepare the signal." The other femme gets to work and a Spacebridge diagram appears on the larger screen.