<Chapter 28>

We hear Denny's voice after I put the katanas away. "Bee! You need to come see this!"

"Oh, fantastic." Bumblebee groans. We all run over and see the race on the television.

The announcer calls out "And here come the racers to the starting line of this year's crown city Grand Prix! There's crasher Casey; winner of the ruler of the roads titled the last 4 years running. Can she set a new record and make it 5!?" I recognized the car to her left. I could have sworn it was a decepticon. However, the camera rolls back and shows the stunticons.

"Stunticons!" Grimlock growls.

"I thought they looked like the cons you've been telling us about..." Denny says.

Strongarm adds "Now there's a fourth one."

"Why would they want to race humans?" Drift asks.

Bumblebee states "There up to something. We need to get over there, fast."

Grimlock cheers "We get to race! With our wheels!!!"

Sideswipe asks "We're going like this!?" His sirens activate. "I can barely control these things!" He growls "How am I going to keep the humans from noticing I'm a little... Different!?"

Drift adds "Not to mention the event is televised to millions more humans."

"We'll do the best we can." Bumblebee says "The big crowd will be at the start and finish  line. Out on the course attendance should be pretty sparse. Fixit, can you do anything about the TV broadcast?"

The mini says "Yes! Probably...."

Bee goes on "I might have to sit this one out here, team. Grim's body isn't suited to this kind of mission. Strongarm— you get— uh...."

The female calls out "Over here sir!!"

Bee shakes his helm "Right... this is going to take some getting use to. Strongarm, you're going to be in charge in the field. ShiverTooth, if something goes wrong, you take charge: you know how to lead like Optimus and I, right?"

I say "Yes I do. I've watched you both very closely, and I was a decepticon commander and our ship was filled with chaos everyday. I can handle them."

"Hey!" Sideswipe growls "I am not chaotic."

Strongarm cheers "Yes!!"

"Noo!!!" Sideswipe whines.

Drift says "If Fixit can make sure the television broadcast isn't transmitted, you will not be able to see us."

Bumblebee says "True. And if you're always updating me so I can advise you, you could be distracted at a crucial moment... there will be lives at stake you two, I'm counting on you."

Strongarm steps out "Understood, understood. I've played the scenario out in my mind so many times!!! This will be easy! Okay, autobots, here's my first order! Let's rev up and roll out!!!— I know sir but I couldn't resist."

Drift asks "Where do I come in? I don't think I will be able to fight the stunticons..."

Bumblebee says  "You'd be air support but seeing as this is a gathering event that humans watch or go to for fun, they'd freak out if they saw an A-10 since that kind of aircraft is of military recognition, They'd think that some war criminal is on the loose or that something bad is going to happen. They may send up some actual military personal and they'll shoot you down and then all goes into chaos. You're staying here in the scrapyard. The rest of you? Best of luck."

They all leave and Bumblebee starts walking away. Drift calls "ShiverTooth." I turn around and he runs over. I kneel down and he says "Be careful with both our frames for Primus sake. I don't want to be damaged and I don't want you damaged either."

I smile "I'll be alright."

He nods and says "I know you will." He then comes forward and kisses me on the lips. It took him a second to realize before he leaves me and runs off "I-I.... I don't know what—-" he doesn't finish his sentence and just runs off.

Bumblebee watches him leave into the scrapyard and looks to me "What did he do?"

I blush and shake my head "I-I'll just go.... I'll keep the others out of trouble for you!!!"

I transform and drive off with the others at Drift's top speed which was actually pretty fast. Which was 159 mph slower than my A-10 form. Still, it was pretty fast as the grip against the ground made it feel weird and made me feel faster.

We eventually get to where the racers were on the track and Strongarm says "Mix into the field of racers. Find those Stunticons and take them out!"

Sideswipe says "You're going to enjoy ordering us around, aren't you?"

"I'm going to enjoy leading a successful mission." Strongarm corrects.

Grimlock speeds forward "WHEELS!! DO YOUR STUFF!!!"

Sideswipe calls out "I may enjoy being fast and reckless and all but don't be reckless with my body, Grimlock!!!" I speed ahead and catch up with the red car I saw on the television. I looked across him and he definitely seemed familiar.

He sped up and said "I'm not losing to another human! Not again!"

I laughed "I knew it was you!!!"

He stopped "Wait, ShiverTooth!!?? What happened to you?"

I say "Soul switch incident. How've you been, man!!? What are you doing here?"

Knockout tells me "I've been great! I got placed on the alchemor and now I'm here! Pretty cool huh? Anyways.... I'm here because I felt my kid's presence in this area so I came to check it out to see if I could find them."

I gasp "You had kids!!? With who!!??"

He says proudly "With my past mate Breakdown of course. The war was going on so I thought it best to find someone in refuge to hold onto them for me until the war was over but when I went to look, they didn't recognize me and they called the police. That's when I got arrested and thrown in prison."

I cheer "Oh my gosh, well I wish you had told me!!— wait is this why you were on about me with Dusty?"

"A little bit..."

I laugh "Well congrats on that. What were their names?"

Knockout says "We had two Mechs. My lovely sparkmate named our youngest Wildbreak. A spin on his own designation. He took mostly after Breakdown but received my style in racing form. He was a shy little thing. Our first child took after me. He was a slim flat build regarding his alt. He took after my old blue eyes that I had before the war.... But his details were adorable! He had similar ones to mine but a lot less complex. I named this one. I called him Sideswipe."

I gasp "Wait, really!? Was he crazy? Reckless?"

He laughs "Indeed he was. He takes after his carrier after all."

I say "Well then I shouldn't be shocked at what he's told me."

He laughs "Yep.... Wait.... WHAT!!?? YOU'VE TALKED TO HIM!!!??"

I nod in alt "Yes.... And he's very teasing... just like you. He's the red slim build car with the japenese symbol on the hood... but he got swapped into another of our autobots' bodies... he's in the white and blue police truck now."

Knockout cheers "MY JOURNEY IS HALFWAY DONE!!! YOU'VE FOUND ONE OF MY SONS!!! THANK THE ALLSPARK!!!"

I say "Just finish the race. I know you enjoy these very much. Come to these coordinates after the race. I'll have you two reunite."

Knockout says "Of course! Thank you so much— wait did you say autobots?"

I agree "Yes? Why?"

He groans "Ugh, no wonder you didn't join us on the alchemor.... You were given a second chance.... And you joined the toaster club."

I cock a ridge in alt "What?"

"Nothing! I'll talk to you later!" And with that he speeds off.