<Chapter 49>

Grimlock then asks  "Alright. But we still need a cure!! Where can I get one!?"

Fixit thinks "Hmm. In attempt to encounter the nano particles effects, I'll need more data on the origin of the virus."

Bumblebee suggests "Maybe the con's background will tell us more."

Fixit agrees and pulls up her file "Her name is Wingcode. She's an energon vampire like Nightstrike and served as an airborn spy in the Great War."

"So she's around ShiverTooth's age?" Bulkhead asks.

Fixit shakes his helm "No. about 11 years older"

I laugh "So she's like 35 or something? An old con."

Fixit ignores and says "She was arrested for absorbing a nano tech weapon she stole that once in her system couldn't be confiscated by the authorities. Wingcode occupied a quarantine stasis pod on the alchemor."

Bumblebee groans "She must have been thrown clear. When the ship crashed."

The minicon agrees "Hmm, low on energon, she likely fell into hibernation and woke to refuel when critically low."

Bee states "She'll only be able to refuel a little on what she took." He tries to stand but falls to the ground.

Bulkhead drags him back to the medical berth and the dinobot panics "Fixit! You can fix em right!? I mean that's what you do!! It's right there in your name!"

The minicon takes a little while to think "I think the next step is to take a new sample of each of our CNA and see if I can synthesize an anecdote— antelope— ANTIDOTE from them!"

Grim says calmly "Take as much as you want if it'll help. I only need a little." Minutes later, Grim calls up "So? Got the cure yet?"

Fixit replies "I'm afraid neither of our nano cells are compatible with the autobot or decepticon operating system."

Grimlock speaks up "Okay then, if Fixit can't cure you. It's up to me!"

Sideswipe calls up "Just let Fixit keep working, Grim. Aha Ow!! I can't take much more of these aches and pains."

The dinobot gets another idea "Wingcode will tell us how to fix you!"

Fixit says calmly "I doubt she knows, Grimlock. But it's possible I could reverse engineer an antidote from her directly. Nnn- ooh. The virus has begun to affect me too. My energy consumption systems feel all—-" he stopped as he held back his sickness.

Grimlock pounds his fists "If Wingcode is who we need then I'm gonna go out and get her!"

I call out "Dinobot, I don't think you're supposed to leave."

I sit up and the bigger human says to me "ShiverTooth lay back down, now. You're not well enough to be pushing yourself." I lay back down, smacking my helm against the berth. Bulkhead goes after Grimlock next. I roll onto my side and curl up.

Bumblebee sits up and groans in pain "Shivers, you alright?" I look to him and nod slowly, then putting my head back to the berth.

Denny says "Woah, Aye, uh, Bee. You better lie back down."

Bee replies "I-I'm fine. Feeling, much better."  He lays back on his back and holds his hand to his chest.

Denny sets his hand on his arm to comfort him but his armor seemed to be too hot to touch. "OW! Your chassis's hotter than the diner's deep fryer!" He places his hand on my arm next "OOH! And so is yours, ShiverTooth."

The cadet then sits up "Cadet Strongarm reporting for duty!"

It went silent for a few minutes before Denny states "She's delirious."

"Thank you." Strongarm says, her voice sounding scratchy.

"My armor's hotter than theirs!" Sideswipe complains. "SOOO much hotter. Why isn't anyone helping me?"

The kid calls up to the minicon "Fixit! Bumblebee, ShiverTooth, Sideswipe, and Strongarm are burning up!" 

The minicon stands up weakly "Oh I was worried about *gag* oh dear. This. Their core temperatures are rising fast, if we're not able *gag* to bring them down, they'll— they'll—*gag*" he lays his helm back on his desk and groans loudly.

Russel calls to him "Fixit!" He then runs up to the command center with his father.

I heard the cadet call out "I'll get it! .... Ow!"  She then transformed and started driving out.

I sit up and watch her leave "Where is she going?" I then fell back down onto the berth.

A minute went by before I heard Denny ask "Where'd Strongarm go?"

I ask "Who's Strongarm?" I could have sworn I knew who she was however.

"Oh no." Denny groans. "Saddle up, son. Time for a rescue mission."

Fixit whines in pain and our other friend whines back "Hey, I'm sick too! Remember!?.... I hate everybody....."

The 2 humans got in the truck and the other two big bots arrived back at the base. I began to think about what my dad had said but I couldn't remember anything about him. I just decided to sleep it off instead and quickly fell into recharge. I kept waking up, only to fall asleep in a hot second. Our big guys were trying to come up with a plan to catch the decepticon that did this. At one point, I forgot where I was and the big one that didn't look like a dinosaur had me calm down and told me I was in a safe place. I fell back to sleep after that happened.

I woke up at a sharp pain in my arm and winced, sitting up a bit. I looked down to see the tall human with our minicon's triple syringe in my arm. I tried to pull my arm away, making squeaks of pain come from my voicebox, showing how uncomfortable I was.

The human pulled my arm back and said "Relax, ShiverTooth. It's alright."

I cock a ridge "How do you know who I—-Denny?" I felt myself return to normal and I grabbed my head as Denny pulled the device away "Why do I feel like everything I've always known is coming back to me so suddenly?"

Fixit rolls over "Long story."

I nod and then Denny does the same to Sideswipe. "Let me guess." He starts "You cured me last."

"Were we sick?" I ask.

I hear Bulkhead "Oh yeah. Super sick."

"Bulkhead!!?"

He waves "Hey bud!"

We all get up and stretch our limbs. "Thanks, Grim." Bee says. "The rest of you, too, if it wasn't for you keeping calm, we'd all be melted metal right now."

"If you don't mind," Bulkhead declares "I'd like to hang around until Optimus arrives." He hits Grimlock's shoulder the same way he hit Wheeljack all those years ago. "And keep you out of more trouble."

Bumblebee smiles "Stay as long as you'd like, Bulkhead."

"There's a quarry nearby!" Grimlock cheers "Wanna go relax with some granite punching?"

The wrecker responds "Lead the way, Dinobot!"

Grim says to him "Actually, I have some ideas how you can improve your left roundhouse."

Bulk replies "Excuse me?"