Mer-Gus x G/n Reader

*Edited as of February 16, 2023,*

What In The Little Mermaid

Part 1?

You weren't human, yet you weren't a witch, you were both. Raised by a female witch and a female human, created with magic and yet still a soul that had more meaning than any other. One that could be considered a creation of peace during a moment of chaos.

Your name is Y/n, Y/n L/n, you studied magic, lots of it in fact. It intrigued you as a hobby but never more than that. Your eyes were set on something else.

The creatures of the boiling isles.

You loved the creatures on the Isles, they were mysterious and weird, perfect things to study with so much not found—demons, fairies, etc. You loved the mystery behind them.

So weird, so interesting, and downright terrifying. It was dangerous work but someone had to do it. Even if that someone was only 13 years old.

You had a natural talent for befriending creatures. It was astonishing for your parents, you had a successful career even before you graduated from school. Your encounters with creatures helped you build a perfect place where you could peacefully keep them away from harm.

You were able to find land that had many beasts in need of care, soon you had a kingdom of them. You were one of the few willing to protect them.

It was a peaceful way of life.

Your parents could agree since the most they had to do was the business part. Taxes, payments, etc.

Your parents took care of the main parts of the business such as trades and traveling. They would report back to you and you would make the final decision.

It was one of those days when they needed to travel and report back. They haven't been home for a week and you were all alone, eating dinner as you waited for their return.

As much as you hated to say it, you were bored.

You had the creatures, you had riches people could only dream of, and you had your parents... but it still felt like something was missing. All you could do right now was your job.

You sighed and went to bed, it wasn't late but without your parents, all you could do was eat, sleep, and check on the animals. As much as you love them you don't exactly feel like shoveling their waste.

You opened your door and looked around the room hoping to see your pet, Max. He was a fluffy dog whose hair covered his eyes. He also could spit acid. Unfortunately, he was on the trip so his presence wouldn't be around until the boat returned.

It wasn't a very interesting life. Not at all what you expected. You had hoped that doing what you loved wouldn't be so lonely but there comes a price when daydreaming is your main reason for wanting a certain job.

You threw yourself on the bed not bothering to change and pulled the large blanket over your figure. It was cold and raining outside. Thunder crashed and all you could do was hope your parents were safe...

And hope that this terrible dread would go away.

----------

The following day you woke up to glass shattering.

Your parents were home.

They sounded panicked... Amid your worry, you quickly changed into a comfortable outfit and slowly made your way downstairs. They were talking...

about you?

"How are we going to tell them?" Your mother's voice sounded panicked. As if she had news that would kill you.