Raine x G/n Reader

Alright, time for a bit of Angst because I feel like it

Alright, time for a bit of Angst because I feel like it. (This one is a bit short since I can't really write Raines's Character and I got lazy while writing this)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinky Promise?

You were reserved, quiet, someone who was weak. At least that's who you were in the eyes of the people who did not know you.

The people who knew you would say that you were intelligent,  a little reserved, and mostly a pleasure to be around.

Of course, none of those people knew you at all. 

They were the only person who knew who you truly were...

and they loved every single part of you.

Your Eyes

Your body...

Your voice...

Your Personality...

You.

They loved you since the day they set their eyes on you, since the day they confessed, since your wedding day when you made them a promise before your kiss...

That day they were so confused when you held out your pinky before your kiss. That was until you told them those five words they will never forget "Till death do us part." Once they locked their finger with yours you pulled them in a passionate kiss. A kiss that sealed your fate.

You were a well-known witch that was part of the Emperor's coven. Someone who was never seen as much but you were still very powerful. This was another factor that led to your downfall 

Your job was to devise plans to capture creatures and witches but your plans would always end up with you helping the witch or creature. This led people in the Emperor's coven to believe you were 'soft' or 'incapable' but the Emperor was intrigued by you. 

He knew your limits and what you were capable of, you would be a strong force that could help him with his plan. 

After that, you became an experiment. 

Testing,

Blood,

magic, 

torture.

That was the cycle of your days after.

Testing,

Blood,

magic,

torture.

The only person you could ever see was him... the person you hated the most... he took you away from your friends, family, Raine.

~~~~~~~~~~

One day the Emperor summoned every single witch and demon on the Isle to see the execution of a traitor. Raine did not like to see any witch get hurt but if they deserved it, then they deserve it. 

They were not in the right mindset ever since their partner disappeared. The emperor's coven could not look for them since this traitor or... this monster was keeping them occupied. 

In Raines' eyes, this was deserved since their partner was most likely dead. They hoped that was not the case. 

The monster was brought out. 

N-No...

It... It can't be...

Raine's partner stood there with bruises, animal fur/feathers were on patches of their skin that weren't littered with dried blood. Their eyes were dull, no life, no hope, nothing. 

After that Raine could only see red. 

They didn't know what they were doing, how they were doing it, and why no one stopped them.

What they did know was that people were helping them, but no one could help them against the power of the Emperor.

Raine fought and fought. For what seemed like hours on end. They didn't care, the world around them could be collapsing but they won't rest until Y/n is safe.

Of course, if you only see through rage then you'll never see what you could cause to happen.

Before they knew it you were gone. At their hands as well. That was all they could remember.

It's been a few years since then. Belos is gone and so are you. All Raine can think about is how you died at their hands. Your words on your wedding day played through their head for the hundredth time 'Till death do us part.' They chuckled weakly.

"You were always the best at keeping promises..."

(This was bad and out of character. I'm sorry)