Chapter 35

❝𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦. 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘶𝘱. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦.❞

。・:*:・゚★, 。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Third-Person Pov~

It was just a normal day at Hogwarts. Or, at least, it was normal for a while. There were typically no normal days that the school for young witches and wizards. Classes were almost done for the day, and Y/n L/n was sitting in Potions when James Potter came into class late and sat next to her.

"James?" Y/n looked up at the boy, whose eyes were sort of red and glossy.

No response.

"James." She repeated.

Still, no response.

"Earth to James Potter." She then waved a hand in front of the boy's face. "What happened?"

"Nothing." Finally, a response came out.

"Something happened, now tell me what happened."

"Fine." He slammed his bag down on the grown and looked at Y/n. "I asked Lily if she wanted to go out to Hogsmeade this weekend with me. And as you can probably guess, she said no. I know, I've asked her out a million times, but-" He paused.

"You just really like her." Y/n finished for him.

"Yeah."

"Look, don't get upset. She doesn't see the good stuff in you." The girl poked his chest. "She's missing out. And I'm not just saying that because you're my friend. I'm being real."

"You and Sirius make it look so easy."

"How?" She laughed.

"You two have such a deep connection."

"Not all the time. It's not easy being seen as the 'Happy couple' of Hogwarts, you know."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You always have to hide everything and not let people see you get mad at each other. You have to act like everything's on when nothing is. Trust me. There are some things Sirius doesn't even know."

"I didn't think about that."

"No one does, but I'm just so good at hiding things that no one knows."

"You know, you can tell us."

"Yeah, I know. But I just don't want to."

"It's funny, ho you can just imagine something is real and believe it. In 3rd year, I used to pretend me and Lily were a thing. That never went away."

"You've just fallen head over heels for the girl."

"You could say that."

After class, the two went to the Gryffindor common room. 

"What if she comes in here?" James asked Y/n.

"Just leave. Keep yourself away from her as much as possible. Maybe that will take your mind off of it."

"I don't know if that's possible."

"Make it happen." Y/n shrugged and laid her head on the boy's shoulder.

"Y/n?" Sirius walked up to the couch the two were sitting on. "I haven't seen you since classes. Is everything fine?"

"Yeah! He's just a little upset." 

"Lily told us what happened." 

"Of course she did." James got even more upset. Another tear rolled down his cheek.

"James Potter, crying?!" Sirius looked utterly shocked.

"Stop! Leave him alone." Y/n defended the boy as he took his glasses off.

"Sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

"No." James shook his head.

≿━━𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩━━≾

~Y/n's Pov~

Dinner had passed and James hadn't come out of his dorm even to eat.

"He must really be hurt this time." Remus looked at me.

"If you knew half of the stuff he told me during potions, you would have thought that sooner," I said.

"Oh, I just feel so bad. I didn't mean to hurt him this much. I didn't mean to hurt him at all." Lily ran her fingers through her red hair.

"We know you didn't." We all said at once.

"Come on. We know you, out of all people, would never attend to hurt someone." Marlene shook her head.

"He's liked you since 1st year. You can't expect him not to get upset." Remus added.

"He's just obsessed." Violet shrugged.

"You are too, but with Ben." Peter simply said.

"He sees something in you, Lily." I said.

"But what?" She asked.

"Ask him yourself." 

She did the unexpected and stood up. "I'll be back." She walked towards the boys' dormitory.

≿━━𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩━━≾

"There, I did it." Lily walked past us.

"Did what?" We all yell in unison, except Peter, who said it after all of us.

"I said I changed my mind and that I would go out with him." She said those words so easily that I was questioning if it was actually her or not.

"Ho are you and what did you do with Lily Evens?" Sirius looked confused.

"I'm the one and only Lily Evens. I told him exactly what I told you guys. I thought I should give him a chance. Maybe I was just overthinking it."

"Wow." was all that I could manage to say.

"Wow indeed," Calista said. "I know I haven't been here for long, but this is the most emotional I've seen James, and the calmest I've seen Lily."

"Welcome to Hogwarts, where every day is a new adventure." Violet smiled cheerfully.

"And where every day is an emotional rollercoaster." Remus laughed, which made us all laugh.

"It's been a fun adventure for the most part so far."

"You say that now," I said seriously. Her face dropped. "I'm joking!" I laughed. Again, everyone laughed too.

"We'll find out, I guess."

。・:*:・゚★, 。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

-𝟖𝟒𝟗 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬-