Chapter 36

❝𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘺...❞

❝𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦.❞

❝𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐 𝘥𝘰.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Lily's Pov~

The day had come that James Potter and I would be going on a date. The day that I never expected to happen. It was obvious that James had a crush on me since first year. Everyone thought that smart Lily Evens was oblivious to realize it. But I did. I realized it ever since he started asking me out in third year. But I just ignored it. I didn't know I was crushing him that bad. 

"It's about time that you said yes." Violet was brushing my hair in our dorm. She insisted that I looked my best.

"It really is." Y/n added her two senses in.

"Just leave the poor girl alone." Marlene said.

"Thanks, Marlene." I sighed.

"Who am I kidding? It is about time." She laughed.

"I hate you guys."

"Correction, you love us." Violet threw the brush down on my bed and stepped back. "Loving the hair though."

"You did it." I say as I stand up and look in the mirror. It was simple, but it worked. It was braided and twisted in a few ways to make it look almost magical.

"Now I want to do something with my hair." She then pushed up her messy blond bone that she had done that morning.

"Do something with mine." Y/n sat down on her bed and fluffed out her h/c hair. She had it down like normal. Violet walked over to her with her wand in one hand. She started to do circular motions until Y/n's hair was curled.

"There. It looks cute like that." She smiled.

"Thanks." Y/n laughed.

"Is there anything I should know before I go?" I asked.

"Be flirty, be the girl boss that you are, don't do the whole book smart talk that you do." Marlene pushed me towards the door.

"I don't-"

"Oh come on, it's not that hard to impress people." 

"Easy for you to say, you impress me every day." Y/n jokingly said in a flirty way. 

"Aw, thank you, love." 

"Be yourself, Lily." Calista, who had been quiet the whole time, looked down from the ceiling and looked at me. "Best advice anyone can give you. Don't try to impress him with someone you aren't."

"I'm not trying to impress him, I already do that on a daily basis."

"That's my Lily flower!" Marlene jumped up and down like a kid who just got candy.

"I should probably go through. Don't want to keep him waiting." I stood up and shoved my small bag of money into my pocket. It was warming up, but it was still kind of cold, so I had a pair of jeans and a cute knitted jumper that the girls had bought me for my birthday.

~Third-Person Pov~

Lily was being escorted, you could say, down to the common room by Y/n and Marlene. Violet insisted she had to meet up with Ben, while Calista said she had to catch up on some homework she missed.