Chapter 37

❝𝘔𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘰.❞

❝𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦, 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Remus's Pov~

Everything at Hogwarts was going well. No tests to worry about for a week or two. James and Lily were trying doing well, even though they weren't dating quite yet. And on top of all of that, it was a nice day outside.

I was in my dorm with James, Sirius, and Peter talking about if they should or shouldn't prank Severus.

"Just leave him alone. Has he even done anything to you guys? Every year we prank him more and more." I said.

"Nope. But that's the fun in it. Since when have you been on his side?" Sirius looked me up and down.

"Since never. I just want to do something else for a change." I walked over to the door and looked at the wall. There hung a calendar with random events and doodles. No one really used it, except me from time to time. My face droped. Tomorrow was the full moon and I completely forgot about it. The guys did seem to forget as well, and I hoped they didn't realize it. Every month they try to follow me and go into my little hide out. Most times they were successful, but I didn't want them there. I didn't want to hurt them any more than what I could have done in the past. 

"You know what? I guess we can prank him." I turned back around and faked a smile.

"That's the Remus that we love!" James jumped up and shot himself towards me to give me a hug.

≿━━𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩━━≾

"That was by far the best prank we have done on Snivellus!" James jumped onto his bed.

"Indeed." Peter sheepishly said.

"You can say that again." Sirius high-fived James.

"Hey, I'm going to go find Y/n, I forgot to ask her If I could barrow a book."

"Take your time, Moony." They all said in unison.

That was a lie. I didn't need a book from Y/n, I just wanted to get away from them for a little bit. I went into the common room, and up to the girls' dormitory. Finding the girl's door, I knocked.

"One second! I swear is it's you, Calista, just open the damn door!" Yelling was coming from the other side of the door. Then a few seconds later, Y/n opend the door. "Oh, it's you Remus, sorry." She looked embarrassed. "Calista keyed knocking on the door earlier today just to be annoying. Yet it's her dorm too, and she can come in when ever she bloody pleases." She threw her hands in the air as she gestured me to come in. "Anyway, what's up?" She then sat down on her bed.

"I just needed to get away from the guys for a bit." 

"What did they do this time?"

"Nothing."

"Oh. Well-" She paused, "What happened?"

I pushed the door closed and sat down next to her. "Tomorrows the full moon and I'm hoping they forgot, because every moth they try to sneak in with me."

"They mean well."

"I know, but I don't want to hurt them."

"They're animagus so you won't."

"But you never know. How can you be sure? What if I hurt one of them and something terrible happens. I can't afford to lose someone. Uh! I hate my life." I put my hands on my head as if I was about to pull my hair out.  I really wanted to at this point.

"Remus John Lupin! Don't say that." 

"You're sounding like my mother."

"You can't go around saying that you hate your life. If you weren't around, what would or friend group do? If we never met you in first year, who would have kept me and Sirius in one piece when we were sorted into Gryffindor? I get it, everyone goes through different things, and every  situation is different. Believe me, I understand. You see where I came from."

"I kno-" She cut me off.

"Obviously none of us know what it's like to turn into a werewolf every full moon, but all we can do is be there and help you through it." Y/n got off of the bed and kneeled down to pull her trunk out from under her bed. She opened the wooded trunk and handed me a piece of chocolate. "Here."

"Thank you." I looked down at my feet. 

"Mhm." She hummed, then reached out to give me a hug. "You know, I'm always here if you need to talk. I'm always somewhere in this castle."

"Thank you." I said once more.

"Stop saying that." She laughed.

"No really. I can't thank you enough. There's not really anyone I can go and talk about this stuff too. Thank you." I was being for real.

≿━━𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫━━≾

I was sitting, laying in a bed that was in the Hospital wing. The nurse had just taken a tray of potions and healing things away from my bed and put them up. 

"Oh, Mr. Lupin, I forgot to give this to you. One of your little friends asked me to give this to you. Miss. L/n I believe." She smiled and handed me an envelope with a small lump in it.

"Thank you, Ma'ma." I grabbed it from her hands.

Opening the seal, a piece of parchment fell out, along with several Honey Dukes chocolate bars. I unfolded the parchment to see what it had said.

Dear Moony, 

I hope you're doing better. The boys did forget, as you probably found out last night. They realized maybe an hour after you left. But I distracted them like the amazing person I am. Hope it helped. I don't know what else I can do, we're all worried about you. Every time we tried to visit, we were told visiting hours were over and to come back later. We'll see you tomorrow!

P.S. Enjoy the chocolate, I went and got it yesterday

I folded the letter back up and put it on the side table and smiled.

I took the wrapper off of one of the chocolate bars and ate it. Y/n taught me something today. That even in the dark, there's light. Even if you're in a rough place, you can always turn to your friends for help.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

-𝟏𝟎𝟓𝟎 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬-