Chapter One- Him

"Get out of my way you fag!" Someone said as they pushed me so hard I hit the lockers next to me. That was most likely going to bruise.

"James are you OK?" Jake asked as he took my arm and looked at it. He was one of my best friends and was always there for me when I needed him. He was taller than I was and had the most beautiful skater hair. It was the kind of skater hair that curled at the ends. He wasn't built but he definitely did have enough muscle (especially on his stomach) to stick up for me.

"Yeah I'm OK. It's just the normal I get pushed into lockers teachers pretend like they don't see anything. Yeah high school is definitely the best time of my life."

"Rob don't touch my friend again you douche!"

"Awe are you two in love? Are you going to get married on the beach during the sunset?" Rob asked mockingly? I could tell Jake was getting angry. He had his hands in fists and was ready to jump at the guy.

"No, but what would you do if we were? Would you ever do anything to back up your words to someone who could actually do something?" Rob wasn't that strong of a guy. He did football which is why he was always so good at shoving me into lockers. He's had some practice, but Jake could definitely fight him.

Rob walked up to Jake and got really close to his face. "I dare you to take a swing at me." I knew that Jake wouldn't do it because if he did he'd be the one to get in trouble.

"You know who would be blamed for causing it if I did that. So how about you grow some balls and do if yourself?"

"What is going on here?" asked Mr.Axle. He was one of the only teachers in this hell hole that would stick up for me. I really liked him.

"Nothing Jake and I were just getting to class." I said so that nobody would get in trouble.

"Alright I'll see you in a few minutes for class." Mr.Axle said to me. "Clear the halls make a path let's go get moving!" Mr.Axle said.

"Let's just go to third period so we aren't late." I took Jakes arm so that he would stop staring at Rob and start walking. He was steaming so I knew not to talk to him but I also didn't need to him to be late to class and get detention.

"Whatever." We started walking to English. I liked English. We did creative writing all the time and my English teacher Mr.Axle was the best. He actually cared about most of his students.

"Hey James."

"Hey Mr.Axle What are we working on today?" Mr.Axle was a normal sized guy and was in his early forties. He also had a beard which made him seem as if he was trying to be from the Romeo and Juliet days. His voice was really low and deep and he was really funny. He told us stories all the time about when he visited other countries.

"We're going to be reading some more writing from authors the same age as you." He always had the best ideas in English class. He wasn't one of those teachers that picked the books you would be reading and made you read them, even if they were the most boring books in the entire world. He gave us decisions, and let us vote for what book we all wanted to read.

"That sounds pretty fun." I was some sort of writer I guess. I used to write quotes all the time and I still do sometimes. I always post what I'm feeling on social media sites and usually I get a lot of praise for them.

I went through English and I read some pretty cool memoirs by other people who were being bullied. I commented on a lot of them and told the people that wrote them that they could get through it and it gets better. I was hoping that some of them would email me and maybe I could make some new friends.

I made new friends over the internet all the time. I would help people with stuff they were going through and try to make them feel better. I prevented some people from committing suicide which made me feel like I was making a difference in some peoples lives.