Chapter Eight- Date Two

I woke up wanting some more of that soup. It was literally the best thing I had ever eaten in my entire life. I wonder if I could have soup for breakfast. It was already noon. Chicken soup for breakfast it is! I brushed me teeth and washed my face then went downstairs in my boxers and a tank top. The weekend is a time to feel free.

"Good morning." My mom said cheerfully. I wish I could be like her and cheery all the time. It was like she had no emotion other than happy.

"Good morning Mom. Since its already afternoon I'm just going to have some of your world famous soup again." Her smile went from ear to ear when I said that.

"Sit down honey. I'll get you some, just because you said it has the potential to be world famous. Your friends seemed to think so too because the devoured it last night."

"They loved it before they even tasted it. Both of them fell in love as soon as they smelled it from upstairs."

"Wow I should be on like a cooking show or something."

"Mom I have a question for you. It's a relationship question."

"Okay go ahead."

"Okay so the guy that you know I'm dating I was supposed to go on my second date with him today. I never asked him since I saw another guy kissing him." Her mouth opened a little bit then it closed when she noticed I was going to continue. "I liked him a lot so I went to his house yesterday and asked him what happened. It was his ex-boyfriend that was kissing him and he caught him off guard. I completely believed him. He kissed me when I was at his house yesterday after we both told each other we liked each other. I was so surprised but it was one of the best feelings I have ever had in my life. So back to the dating subject, should I ask him to go on the date with me today?"

"Why not? If he really likes you then he will still go on the date with you. When you are done slurping up all of your soup go and get dressed and go on a date with your man."

"I didn't know you could be so demanding mom, but I agree. I am going to go on a date with the person I like and nobody can stop me."

I finished eating my soup and started getting ready for my date. I put on a V-neck and some Aeropostale cargo shorts. I put on some blue flip flops and gelled my hair. I think I looked pretty good. Ihop was still my default destination since it was an amazing place to eat and their pancakes tasted like heaven.

I went to my mom to tell her goodbye and she told me good luck. I was almost positive he was going to say yes. I got in my car and put on my white sunglasses. I drove off towards Ron's house. When I arrived I went to go knock on the door. "Hey James." Ron said after he opened the door.

"Hey."

"Would you like to come in?" He asked with a smirk. I nodded and walked in. "So what brings you to my kingdom today?" He asked and I laughed.

"Well I would like to ask the king if one of his peasants could ask him to go on a date." I proposed.

"I will only go with you if you battle me in a duel in the far away land of Modern Warfare Three."

"Well I would not like to make the King look weak. But if he insists I must. So if you dare lose to a peasant like me your kingdom will be ashamed."

"We will see now won't we?" He said and motioned me towards a room that must have been his. I walked in and it was pretty nice. He had his Xbox and PlayStation lined up on his dresser near his TV. He didn't have any posters like I was picturing but he had shelves lined up with books which I definitely wasn't expecting.

"I didn't know that you were a reader." I said with some question in my voice.

"Yeah I actually read a lot. It takes me to an entirely different world and it's great to know that I'm all alone and that nobody can bother me."