Chapter Three- Together

I woke up the next day feeling amazing. Usually I had a hatred for Wednesdays, but today was definitely an exception. I couldn't stop thinking about my date with Ron last night. It was everything I had ever wanted a date to be. I was a little nervous he would kiss me since I had never had my first kiss but I'm really glad he didn't. He was so nice to me and I think I was really starting to develop feelings for him. It's weird that I'm saying that since I only had one date with him and I barely know him.

 My alarm clock went off again since I had put it on snooze. It completely interrupted my dreamy thoughts. I got out of my bed, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and put some gel into my hair so that my curls would stand out. I really need to get a haircut because I am tired of having to gel it everyday. Then I put on my blue and white short sleeve button down shirt with some washed out blue jeans and white converse. I think it was a pretty great outfit.

 I went into my kitchen and got out a bagel. I loved bagels so much, I thought that they were like the best invention for fast breakfast foods. They tasted even better if there was butter added to the equation. I ate my amazing bagel then went outside to catch the bus. I hated taking the bus but I was saving up money, so I had money for the great trip I'll be going on with Zoey and Jake for spring break.

 When I got to school I was on a look out for Zoey and Jake. I was actually looking for Ron a little bit too, but I didn't want it to seem like I was obsessed with him. Wasn't there like a rule that you had to follow after a first date? I knew that Zoey and Jake would be together. I finally found Zoey Jake right next to her just as I had predicted.

 "Hey guys!" I think I sort of shouted and everyone looked at me. It was alright though I liked attention.

 "What has you all happy?" Jake questioned.

 "Oh nothing justthatIwentonadatewithRon!" I said so fast I don't think I even understood what I was  saying. I was secretly hoping that Zoey hadn't told him I was going on a date with him yet.

 "You did what?" He yelled at me. It wasn't a mean yell. It was a 'Slow the hell down and say it again' kind of yell.

 "I went on a date with him yesterday after school." I said looking down at the ground a little nervous at how he would react. Ron and Jake had some history and it wasn't that good of a history.

 "And..."

 "I had so much fun! He was so nice to me. He let me get whatever I wanted at Starbucks, he paid for everything," Even though I was a little mad about that because I didn't want to seem like I was helpless "and he held the door for me whenever he got the chance."

 I looked at Jake and Zoey's faces. They looked like they were in shock. I guess they couldn't believe that Ron could be that nice of a guy. I don't think I knew that either by how Jake had described him.

 "It seems like you have a keeper there." Jake replied a little too calmly.

 "James that is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet. He seems like a total keeper. I totally accept, not that I ever didn't." Zoey said like a friggin fan girl. "It is definitely a big improvement over your last boyfriend that never even took me on date which is why I had never been kissed or anything.

 My last boyfriends name was Joel. He was horrible to me. I knew him since I was nine and we became best friends. Ironically we told each other we were gay at the same times. We were both in eighth grade at the time. Then we both got into high school. We didn't go to the same school together. We knew one another because our parents were friends.

 In high school Joel started to get addicted to drinking and to drugs. He would yell at me all the time, and sometimes even hit me. When Zoey and Jake found out that he was hitting me they kept telling me to break up with him but I just couldn't. In our sophomore year he beat me up so bad I had to go to the hospital. He kept apologizing so much and said that he would never do it again.