Chapter Twenty Three- Booger

It kind of made me happy that he said he wouldn't give up. It made me feel like maybe we could be friends again.

On the bus home I started texting Chris. We were talking about what we wanted to do tomorrow. 'We can go for a bike ride?' I asked him. 'Im only going for a bike ride if we can get pizza after.' He replied, but I had decided I was going to eat healthy to be the best I could be for track so I told him I would be getting a salad.

I was tired from track and just wanted to get home. I wanted to take a bath to let my muscles relax then get some sleep for a bike ride tomorrow. And once I got home I did just that. I stayed in the bathtub for two hours and refilled it four times the entire time I was in there. When I got out it was already nine o'clock. My mom had served me dinner in the bathtub so I went right to bed.

I got up the next morning feeling brand new. My energy was replenished and I could hear the birds outside chirping. It was just all so nice. I got up and went right into the shower.

I thought about what I wanted to wear. I didn't want to just wear gym shorts I wanted to actually look a little decent. I got out of the shower brushed my teeth, flossed my teeth, brushed my hair, then went back into my room. I changed my clothes about three times until I decided to just wear gym shorts. I wore my blue and gray gym shorts with my blue Nike Free Run's and a white T-shirt.

'Where do you want to meet?' I asked Chris. There was a rail trail that connected his town to mine so I thought it'd be a good idea to just meet in the middle. I was hoping he'd want to do the same. I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I wanted to make myself and egg sandwich. I went into the fridge got the eggs out then took the pan and put it on my stove.

I let it heat up while I put the eggs in a bowl and mixed them up. I took out the celery from the fridge along with the tomatoes to chop them up. I got the chefs knife that I used to chop things up. I was very good at cooking. I could dice food up just like a chef could and I was actually thinking about going to school for cooking.

I diced up the veggies then put them into the egg mix. I then put it onto the frying pan to let it cook. I went over to the pantry to get out the bread. I took out two slices then put it into the toaster on low. I didn't like my bread too toasty. I moved the eggs around and put some pepper on them.

My bread popped out of the toaster and then I took my eggs out of the pan and put them on the bread. I poured myself some orange juice and brought my sandwich over to the table. I bit into it and it was delicious. I turned on some music from my phone and opened the patio doors. It was just completely peaceful. The nice spring breeze was so... nice. Everything smelled fresh and everything looked new and refreshed. It was a picture perfect morning. Literally.

Chris had texted me back and said that we should meet in the middle of the rail trail. 'Thats exactly what I was thinking.' I said. I continued eating and when I finished I went outside to read a little bit before I left. Reading was probably one of my favorite things to do. I could read a 300 page book in a day. I read the entire 'Hunger Games' series in three school days. A book each day.

I was currently reading 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. It was a pretty great book and I was reading it because the movie was going to come out soon. I was on chapter seventeen and was motivated to finish it soon.

I checked my phone and didn't have any new messages. It was currently twelve thirty so I told Chris I would meet him around one thirty because it would take me around fifteen minutes to get there. I started reading and was engulfed into the reading.

The book was about a place where boys lived. There was a lift that brought up these teenage boys and they didn't remember anything of how they got there and didn't know why they were there. It just happened. I don't want to give any spoilers so that's all I'll tell you. I read and by the time my alarm went off at one ten I was on chapter thirty.

I got my bike out of the garage and started riding through our neighborhood. I lived in a coldesack and there were about thirty houses in it altogether. There were big spaces between the houses though. They weren't close to each other like normal. Once I got out of where all the houses were I got into the small little town I lived in. It was a very peaceful town and there weren't many people that lived here.

There were a ton of shops you could go to though. We had a cafe, a small theater, a bicycle shop, a very formal restaurant, a library, and then the best of everything a pizza parlor. They had the best pizza. I had never tasted pizza that was as good as theirs was. I rode through town waving to people I knew and also people I didn't until I got to the rail trail.

The rail trail was a five mile paved road. Cars couldn't drive on it but you could run it, bike it, or walk it. Whatever you preferred. It linked together my small town with another small town and in the middle there's a road that separates both sides. I started riding and was engulfed by the shade. Most of the entire trail was shady until you got to the middle. Near the middle of the trail the trees started to dwindle down and become farm land. I rode and it seemed like forever since I had nothing to do.

I made it to the middle and went to one of the benches there were to sit at before you got to the road. I leaned my bike up against the back on the bench. I sat there and just waited for Chris to show up. I looked at my watch and noticed I was there a little early.

While I was there I closed my eyes and just listened. I could hear the sound of the animals in the woods, one of the many small streams and the water rushing through it. I heard the cars that pass by and then I heard a simple "Hey."

"Hey. It's weird to see you here." I said to him. It was the one and only Chris. I stood up and gave him a hug and he smelled wonderful. He smelled like a tropical island.

"Its weird to see you here too. You come here often?" He asked jokingly. "Miss me?"

"I don't miss people. They miss me." I said.

"I can understand why. So which way are we going. My town or yours?"

"We can go to yours. I'm not in the mood to hear people tell me how happy they are I'm better."

"That's fine although I was hoping that I would get some of the pizza you guys have. But because its you I guess I can compromise. But you have to make a deal with me."

"And what is that deal going to consist of?"

"You have to kiss me under the sunset later."

"How is that even a compromise. That would be an honor. First one there's a booger." I said as I ran to my bike and get on.

"Ew. Well hopefully it isn't me. I'm too good looking for a booger."

****

I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS LIKED THIS. SORRY ITS SHORT IM GOING ON VACATION. VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!