Chapter Twenty Four- Nothing

I got on my bike and started riding as fast as I could. I was cautious of building up a sweat because that wouldn't have been good. I didn't want to smell bad for our second date I guess I could call it. The bike ride on the way to Chris' town was a lot more exciting than on the way to the middle from my town. There were tons of fun hills and twisty curves.

I was having so much fun and Chris wasn't anywhere in sight. I started to go a little bit slower so it was just a casual ride. I then started to look at the forest around me just to notice small things. I noticed the sound that the small stream made, and the way the deer were having fun in the water. I had never seen deer play in water before but it was honestly quite amusing to watch.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone speeding on a bike coming towards me. I knew it could only be one person, this meant that Chris was gaining on me. I picked up my pace and started to ride faster and faster. I got to where the road of his town started and looked both ways to make sure no cars were coming. None were, so I didn't slow down at all. I kept going and I went until I got to the center of town. My legs were aching, I was breathing rapidly trying to suck in enough oxygen to replenish my leg muscles.

I didn't care about the pain in my legs though. All I cared about was that I had to beat Chris. He was really far behind me so I was guessing that he had given up on trying to beat me before I even beat him. "You're the booger. I win!" I said trying to do a little victory dance once he caught up to me at the finish. I could only do a dance for like ten seconds until my legs started hurting again.

He had a smirk on his face that made me feel like he had lost on purpose and I hated when people did that. "Did you let me win?"

"No why would I do such a thing?" He said as he put his hand on his chest feeling hurt. "That would be so mean of me. And I'm a very nice person."

"Yeah, sure you are. So where do you want to go eat?"

"Well there's a Subway around here we can go to and then go to the ice cream parlor to get some ice cream."

"Sounds good. Lead the way." We started riding for a little bit and then we got to a huge hill. It was probably one of the biggest hills I've ever been on on a bike. I was actually a little scares to go on it. "That's the biggest hill I've ever seen!"

"Yeah its huge. Just make sure you brace yourself while you go down it because if you fall you may die."

"Well hopefully that doesn't happen." Right after that last sentence we went right over the side of the hill. I immediately picked up speed and I've never been on a bike going so fast. The trees were flying by, the air was coming at me so fast I couldn't even breathe, but the wind against my body felt so relaxing and fresh. When I got to the bottom I didn't start peddling for a while. The hill was so big I was still going pretty fast for about another eighth hundred meters until we reached Subway. We put our bikes in the bike rack that they had there and went inside.

It was pretty nice. They had big chairs, bean-bag chairs, and high up tables with tall chairs. It was nice and the music they were playing was very relaxing. "What're you going to get?" Chris asked.

"I always get the same thing when I go to Subway. You'll hear me in a second. Do you know what you want?"

"Yeah I'm good. I'll order first." He went up to where all of the food was and started ordering. "Hi may I have a foot long on Italian. On it I would like turkey, lettuce, cheese, jalapeños, a dash of pepper, and mayo. Could that please be grilled too."

"We can do that. Go to the cashier to pay for your order please. What would you like?" I was surprised by what Chris had gotten. I couldn't eat spicy things like jalapeños and his sandwich didn't have enough on it for me.