Chapter Sixteen- Darkness

I could feel myself waking up in what was probably my hospital room. My head hurt so much so I didn't even try to open my eyes. I just really wanted to go to sleep, but I could hear people outside of my rooming being in a heated argument. I tried to hear who was talking but I could only make out Jake's voice.

"He is not going to want to see you so you need to get out of here." Jake tried to say calmly.

"Can you just give these to him and tell him that I have a really good explanation to what I have done."

"Whatever your explanation is there is no reversing what you did."

I tried to open my eyes and I could feel them open but I couldn't see anything. Everything was black and I tried to blink over and over but my vision wouldn't adjust to anything. "JAKE COME HERE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. It hurt my head but I really didn't care.

"James what's wrong?"

"I Can't See Anything! Everything is black I cannot see at all!"

"I'll go get the doctor to see if he can help. I'll be right back."

I just waited there in what seemed like forever. I couldn't see what time of day it was or if there was anyone in the room with me. But I knew there was someone in the room with me because I could feel their steady breathing. "Who is in here with me?"

"Its me. Its Ryan." Now I had known who Jake was arguing with.

"I have nothing to say to you. I'm going to stay calm and not get angry because I bet you have put enough guilt on yourself for what you have done. I may be blind now for the rest of my life and it's all your fault. I may not ever be able to run track again because of you. Just tell me one simple thing. Why did you do all of that crap to me?"

"This is going to sound like one of the worst reasons ever. My Mom, Dad and I have had a horrible relationship ever since I was around ten. They both had thought that I was gay and they are very religious people. My Dad forced me to play football and my Mom made me go to football games, and Nascar Races. They wanted me to do anything that was manly. After a while I just kept telling myself I was straight. I just continued to tell myself over and over and after a while of telling yourself the same thing you start to believe it. I believed that I was straight and the thought of being gay had never come back until I met you a couple months ago. You ruined my entire life." He had started to cry and I was about to cry too. This was one of the saddest stories I had ever heard but he continued. "I started to fall for you which is the real reason why I had broken up with Emma. I couldn't be in a relationship with her while all I could think about was you. My parents found out about us when you were at my house and after I had dropped you off that night I got into a huge fight with my Dad and he had barely hit me but I hurt him. I felt so guilty that I decided to start telling myself again that I was straight. I started to sleeping with all the girls that wanted to sleep with me and then I started bullying you. I thought if I bullied you enough you would stop liking me and I would stop liking you. But I guess that isn't the case." He was drowning himself in tears. I honestly wish I could have seen how he looked because he seemed really genuine about what he was saying.

"I don't know what to say to you Ryan. You hurt me and now I might go blind which you cannot take back. Just please leave me alone." I said closing my eyes.

"Alright, but the letter that you had written to Ashley is on the windowsill. I hope I can make up everything I did to you." He then walked out and I started to cry. I was crying because I felt bad for Ryan. I felt bad for everything he had to go through. I also started to cry because I couldn't read the letter that was written to me and I had to depend on someone to read it to me. And I would also probably have to depend on someone to write back for me. I was starting to wonder where Jake was when I heard footsteps. I could tell that someone was with him and I could also tell that they were walking fast.