Chapter Twenty Eight- Together

I went to all of my classes as I would have usually and everything went fine. I was looking forward to seeing Ryan. I decided I was going to give up on the whole playing hard to get thing. It just wasn't me and even if I tried to do it I wouldn't have been good at it.

I went through the perpetually never ending school day. I couldn't wait to be out of high school. I didn't have much of it left. I only had about another year until I left to college. I was really nervous and really excited at the same time. It would be an awesome experience and I couldn't wait to meet new people that I hadn't known my entire life.

I went through all of lunch not talking to anybody. I was kind of upset that Ron wasn't ion my lunch but it didn't really matter, the year was almost over. I was just continually thinking of what I was going to say to Ryan. After lunch the rest of the day went by like a breeze.

When it was finally time to go to track and I had thought that I mentally prepared myself to talk to him. I went to the locker room and started getting undressed. "Hey James what's up?" Ryan asked me out of the blue.

I looked over at him and he was in just his boxers and I quickly checked him out. He had like an absolute perfect body. My entire mental defense system was completely obliterated at that moment. I told myself 'come on James you can do it. Just keep changing and talk to him.' So that's what I did. "Nothing really. Do you possibly want to hang out later?"

I didn't look at him when I asked. I was way too nervous to ask him to his face. I was almost positive he would say yes and I was of course correct. "Yeah that would be awesome."

"I'll meet you at your car later."

"That sounds awesome." I was now only in my boxers and I looked over at Ryan to see he had put on his shorts and was putting on his tank top. I turned around once his eyes were visible. I put my shorts on and right before Ryan started to walk out of the locker room I saw him check me out quickly.

I went down to the bleachers and stood near my coach while she told everyone what their workouts were. When she was done talking I went down to the track to start leading warm ups. Ryan walked over near me and everyone was looking at him and I. "I was leading warm ups while you were gone."

"Well I'd like to take my job back. You can follow if you'd like." I said trying to sound mean but in a funny way. I started the routine and everyone started with me but Ryan ended the first exercise early and some people started following him and that was how the rest of track went. Nobody knew who they should be listening to. It was a mess. At the end of practice I went back to the locker room, got my stuff, and then went to the parking lot to go to Ryan's car.

He was waiting right outside the car. "It's about time you got here."

"I wasn't even in there for that long." I went over to the passenger door but he beat me to it and opened it for me. "Thank you very much."

"No problem." He then closed it and went to his side then got into the car. I hit the button for the top to go down once he had started the car. It was a really nice day out. I'd say it was about seventy five degrees out with a slight breeze. He started driving and then he tried to strike up a conversation. "So why a sudden change of heart towards me?"

"Someone told me that we would be a good couple and it was also due in part to your cousin who deserves most of the credit."

"You met Ashley?"

"Yeah surprisingly she lives near me and we started talking on the bus about you and she said you talk about me all the time. I didn't know I was that important in your life but it made me realize that you didn't honestly know what you were doing."