Chapter Twenty Five- Home

I slept until about eleven until my Mom decided to wake me up. I was pretty excited to see my Dad. He had been gone for about a week and a half. I hated when he had to take business trips. I would have never been able to take a job that had me traveling all the time. Especially if I had a family.

I got up and went to the bathroom like I did every day. I brushed my teeth then got into the shower. I thought so much in the shower. I just thought about random things. I thought about the kiss between Chris and I last night once again. I thought about the smile on his face after I pulled away. He really likes me which nobody has done since Ron. I thought that Chris was better than Ron in some aspects.

He was really smart and had amazing grades. Ron's grades were less than average but he had a certain charm to him but Chris also has a certain kind of charm. It was a different kind of charm not one that made you feel warm and tingly like Ron's did. It was different in the way that even if you weren't around him you wanted to be around him. He made me feel like he was the missing part of me whenever I wasn't around him. He was also so nurturing and empathetic. He came to see me at home when he hasn't seen me for a couple of days which made me really happy. And at that point I didn't even consider us dating yet.

I really like Chris but then again I didn't get that first initial spark that I had gotten with Ron. That spark that I had even gotten with Ryan even though we never kissed. I was going to make a promise to myself. I promised myself that I'd go on one more date with Chris and if I felt nothing except happiness again then I would just be friends with him. But if something with more feeling sparked in me then I'd pursue it if he felt the same.

I got out of the shower after washing my face then went to my room to change into something casual. I just decided to put on a blue graphic T-shirt with an awesome wave crashing in white. I put on white shorts and then my blue Nike Frees that matched my shirt. I had so many pairs of Nike Frees I had about every color of the rainbow. I could wear them whenever because they matched everything.

My feet had stopped growing when I was in ninth grade so I continued to get new sneakers and the old ones still fit me. I always kept my shoes clean so most of them looked pretty much brand new.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast and caught my Mom watching Americas Next Top Model. She always told me that she hated reality television but who could resist Americas Next Top Model? Obviously not my Mom. "Did I get you addicted too?"

"Sadly, yes I think so. I really want this girl Ashley to win." She said with intense to her voice.

"Want a spoiler alert?"

"No don't you dare tell me anything." She said as she glared at me. I started laughing a little bit because of her seriousness. She then looked right back the television so she wouldn't miss anything.

"Alright I won't. Did you make anything for breakfast?" Usually on the weekends my Mom would make breakfast. I loved the pancakes she made. They weren't normal kind of pancakes because she made the batter from scratch and she always made them colorful too.

"No not today. I woke up late. Just have cereal or something." She said without looking away from the TV. I guess cereal would be breakfast for today. I ate breakfast and then went over to watch television with my Mom.

I was ready to go to the airport which was a couple of hours away so I thought that we should leave soon. The show was almost over. It wasn't the season finale which meant my Mom would want to finish the series. But I wasn't going to let her because we had to leave. I took the remote and as soon as that episode was over I turned off the television. She didn't get mad but she gave me the look. "Alright I guess we should leave now. You ready?"

"Yeah let's go." We got into the car and started driving. When we got to the highway there were still two hours until we got there. I put my seat back as far as it went and extended my legs laying back. I slowly crossed off.

**

"James wake up we're here." I heard. We were in the parking lot of the airport and I could see a plane that had just taken off. I opened my door got out and stretched. I was really sore from being in the car that long.

"I'm ready, let's go." My Dad was coming from California. I wish I could've gone with him. I always wanted to go to California. It seemed like it would be such a cool place, with the beaches, the long boarders, and Disney Land.

We walked into the airport then went into his terminal. We waited by the gate where the passengers on his plane would be coming out. It said that they'd be coming out in five minutes. "Mom can we go get ice cream after this?" After a couple of minutes of standing in silence.

"Yeah sure. But you need to start eating healthy again if you want to get farther in track than you did last year." I loved how she cared about track like I did. She would always encourage me to get better and keep me on track.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I will." People started coming out of the gate and I saw my Dad start walking out. But right after my Dad was someone I thought I'd never see again. But I was pretty sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. It was Ron...

****

Sorry its so short but sometimes I can't make chapter really long. Hope your enjoying the story. MAKE SURE YOU VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!