Chapter Twenty- Chris

Hey everyone, first of all thanks for all of the reads. We are at 4,000 which is insane. I also wanted to ask if you guys could in-line comment where there are mistakes so I can fix them. It would mean a lot. Thanks and enjoy.

I woke up having no idea what time it was. "Google what time is it?"

"It is 5:45 pm and you have one message from Chris." I had forgotten about Chris. I kind of owed him an apology for not texting him back in forever.

"Text Chris and it must read, I am sorry that I haven't replied. A lot has happened and it would be much easier if you could just call me. I'll be here. Thank you. Send." I heard the little noise indicating the message had been sent and I just started waiting for a phone call. "Mom!" I yelled so that maybe she could bring me up some food.

I heard her start to walk up the stairs. She knew that when I yelled I wasn't yelling because I was hurt or anything. I was just yelling because I needed assistance. What if I was home alone? Maybe I should invest in life alert just in case I 'fall and can't get up'. I always found those commercials funny but now life alert may come in handy.

Her shoes had left the fluffy carpet and were now click-clacking on the hardwood floor. She opened my door "Yes James?" She said questionably.

"I'm hungry. Can I eat something please?" I asked in the most whiny voice I could.

"Yeah I'll bring you up a yogurt since dinner will be done soon. Your father needs to come home. Going up and down these stairs is a workout." I heard her shoes against the hardwood floors again and knew she was going to get me the yogurt.

"You'll find us chasing the sun. Wuh uh uh uh uh oh wuh uh uh uh uh oh..."

"Answer phone." I said so that my phone would stop wringing. My phone ring tone was Chasing The Sun by The Wanted. I always found it really catchy so I decided it would be a good ring tone. "Hello."

"Hello. Its been a while since I talked to you." Chris said.

"Well honestly a lot has happened since the last time we saw each other. It's a lot of explaining to do in one conversation."

"Well do you want me to come over so we don't have to do this over the phone? I hate talking on the phone anyways."

"Yeah, honestly I do too. If you want to come over you can I just want to tell you first that I'm blind." I said kind of quietly. I was really nervous that he wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore because of this. A relationship with someone who is blind would be really hard.

"Why do you sound so nervous about saying that? I liked you before I was blind and I will still like you even if you aren't. I'll be there in ten minutes and I cannot wait to see you." He said and then he hung up. I wish that I could see him but at least I would be able to be around him.

"So who was that? He just sounds cute." My mom asked.

"Mom just because my phone is on speaker doesn't mean that you're allowed to listen to the conversation. And his name is Chris and I met him at a track meet a while ago."

"Oh I can't wait until I can meet him. Here's your yogurt." I stretched out my hands and waited for her to put it in my hand. She put the spoon in one hand and the yogurt in the other. "It's already open."

"Alright thanks so much. I promise that I will be able to do some of these things by myself soon." It wasn't fair to my mom to have to be my maid all the time. I felt so bad for her.

"Don't feel bad at all. You're my son and I would do absolutely anything for you. I would never leave you to do things by yourself and I am here for you until I die." She sounded so sentimental it made me smile. It made me happy that she cared for me that much.