Chapter Five- Football

I woke up the next day and the first person in my mind was Ron. I couldn't wait to ask him to go out with me. I was so excited that I got up and something fell out of my bed. I fell onto a bag that was sitting near my bed. It was an American Eagle bag and I haven't been to American Eagle in a while. I opened it up and there was new cologne inside. I sprayed it into the air to get the scent of it and it smelled amazing. It smelled so good.

I guess that my amazing Mom went to the store and got me more. I wonder why she got me more. She didn't know I was asking Ron out because nobody had told her. Maybe they were having a sale and she just got it for me. It did definitely smell great. I decided I had to start getting ready for school or I would be late. I brushed my teeth then got into the shower. I loved the bathroom in my house. It was very modern with gray cabinets and white sinks. We had a glass encased shower with a white separate rectangular bath tub. I got into the shower and used my special Hollister soap and shampoo so I would smell great.

When I got out of the shower I had no idea what I wanted to wear. I looked through all of my dresser doors and through my closet and i came up with a nice bright hot pink polo shirt, dark skinny jeans, and my pink Nike Air Max shoes. (Yes I had pink sneakers.)

I ate breakfast which consisted of some scrambled eggs and bacon with orange juice. It tasted pretty good but it wasn't good enough. So I decided to make an egg sandwich with some fresh celery and tomatoes. Then I went to my mom's room. I wanted to thank her for getting me cologne. She definitely didn't have to and I liked to make sure my parents knew that I appreciated their gestures. I opened her door as quietly as I could. "Thanks for the cologne Mom." I whispered.

She barely woke up but she got what I was saying. She said "I got it because Jakes mom told me you were asking someone out on a date. I think I would want you to smell good for this special guy."

"Mom you are seriously the best Mom anyone could ever ask for!" I said as I crept over to give her a hug.

"Yeah I know I am. Now go get yourself a date."

"I will, but again thanks so much! I was out of my old cologne anyways and I really needed a new one."

"I know you did." She said and completely fell back into her deep sleep. My mom was the best mom that anybody could ever ask for. She always knew what I needed and she would usually get it exactly at the perfect time.

I walked out of my house after I grabbed my daily apple and went to the end of the little private road I lived on. I don't know why they were called private roads because anybody who wanted to come up my road could. So it was pretty much pointless.

Zoey was on the same bus as me, but she got on during the end of the route, so I had to sit there and wait to get to get to her stop. She wasn't on the bus yesterday because now Jake could drive her to school without me being suspicious. I put my headphones in my ears and completely zoned out. I closed my eyes and just pictured me and Ron on our amazing wonderful date. I wanted it to go as smoothly and nicely as possible.

"James get out of your little music jumbo and talk to me kid!" Zoey yelled at me while I was trying to be peaceful.

"Sorry I'm just so nervous for later. I was in my own little world thinking about how my date will work out if he says yes."

"Ron will say yes. I don't think he would ask you to go on a date if he didn't like you. I think that he actually likes you a lot."

"I think he will too. My mom always tells me to think positive, because when you think negative, negative things happen." I really believed this. After she started telling me that I always had good things happen to me because I was thinking positive. I wanted to win states so bad for track one year and I thought positive about it and I won. The year before that I didn't think I had a chance and came in second. I just realized it could have also been because I got older but I'll keep thinking positive and pretend I didn't have that thought.