Chapter Nineteen- Attempt

I didn't know what to expect of the orchestra. Usually we didn't sound like the best orchestra but we also weren't horrible. We were mediocre but we were also only high school students. When they started to play I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't expect them to sound as good as they did. They sounded absolutely amazing, like they were playing a recording. They continued to play and I just continued to listen in awe. They played all of both songs and I didn't know what to say. "So what do you think?" Randy asked me.

"That is probably the best I have ever heard an orchestra play in my entire life. It was amazing and everything about each song was perfect. I was in awe listening to it you are definitely ready for graduation."

"Well I didn't think it sounded that great but thanks."

"No trust me it did sound that great. Definitely one of the best times you guys have ever played it. Thank you for that. It is an awesome start to my day."

"Well everyone if James thinks it's that great then I guess we can pack up. We would've packed up anyways since we only have about five minutes left." I heard everyone get up and I just continued to sit in my seat. I didn't know how much time I had until the bell was going to ring and I also didn't know which way to walk if the bell did ring. "So how have you been James?" Randy asked me.

It was kind of weird that he was trying to be friends with me. But I guess you couldn't be mean to a blind guy. "I'm doing alright. Everything is just so much harder. Something as simple as brushing your teeth turns into this huge project. But I'm managing.'

"Well that's good. Is it possible for your sight to come back, or can they like do surgery to get it back?"

"Yeah there is a surgery they can do and it is possible for my eye sight to come back. I'm hoping my sight comes back soon so I don't have to go through another surgery but all I can really do is wait it out."

"Well I really hope you get better. You're important to our survival. Although we don't talk to you everyday we are still your friends."

The bell rung so I tried to say something quick. "Well that really means a lot. Hope you have an awesome day! Do you see Jake anywhere?"

"Yeah he's walking over here right now. Stand up I'll walk you over to him." I stood up and he helped lead me over to him.

Jake was a lot farther away than I had thought. "Thank you Randy. I'll hear you later." He started laughing and I was happy I could still make people laugh even though I wasn't in the best of moods.

Jake and I started walking to my next class. "So how was your first period of the day?"

"It was actually pretty great. I heard the orchestra play the songs I had picked out for them to play and they played them both wonderfully which made me really happy."

"Well that's awesome. Maybe next period someone will cook for you instead of you cooking for them."

"That would be pretty great. I don't think I trust myself with cooking yet. That could turn into a disaster."

"Yeah I agree." We kept walking and then we started to slow down. We hadn't gone up the stairs yet so we weren't at the cooking room yet. "Do you want to talk to Ryan?"

"No just keep walking and ignore him." We picked up our pace and just kept walking so I didn't have to stop and talk to him. We started to go up the stairs which was harder than when I went down them this morning at home but I managed. We walked down he hall a little bit took a right and then I sat down in the room. "Well thank you. Who's picking me up next period?"

"Me again. I'll see you in forty minutes. Hopefully you have some fun again."

The class started and my teacher was talking about spices and where they originated from and what were spicy and what were sweet. She talked about what to put them on and how much to use them. She said she had prepared some chicken wings and that we were going to season them how we wanted to. I decided to use garlic herb seasoning for mine because I absolutely loved how it tasted and smelled. My teacher put it in the over for me and when they were finished she took it out.