Chapter Seventeen- Home

Doctor Slick didn't let me go home on Monday. They said they had to do a little more observation before they could let me go. I was so upset but I guess it was better than me dying at home. So Monday I pretty much just sat in the hospital room and listened to music until Ellen came on. Then I listened to Ellen since I couldn't really see it but I still laughed.

I didn't really do much other than that until Jake and Zoey came over. Zoey said that everyone in school knew that I was blind because Ryan had told someone who told someone else and so on.

I didn't really care if people knew or not because it wasn't like I was going to be able to hide it. I wondered how school would work with me being blind so I really hoped my sight would come back. Zoey said Ryan got into another fight because people were talking to me. I wonder if he was fighting people just so that Zoey would tell me.

It's not like I'm not happy that he was sticking up for me but he also wasn't going to win me back just by fighting people for me. He was everything I would want in a guy except for how he doesn't know how to handle his feelings. He put me into the hospital just because I said that I liked him. It made me really upset how he called me a fag and everything. But at least he built up the courage to tell me why he did what he did.

"Hey James. Its time for you to get outta here!" My doctor said coming into the room.

"Well alright can you lead me to the bathroom. And my clothes should be near the chair. My mom said it was just a simple pair of sweatpants. Actually where is she?" I asked confused as to why she wasn't in the room with me.

"She's filling out papers on you being here and here are your clothes." He said handing them to me. He then took my hand and lead me to the bathroom and then I closed the door. It was hard getting off the hospital dress thing I was wearing without seeing. I felt around trying to find the buttons and they were all along my back. I unbottoned them and then I just stood there with no clothes on freezing. I searched around the room for the bag that I had brought in with me and found it on the floor. I felt around for my boxers and then felt on them for the tag to put them on the right way. I took out my sweatpants and my T-shirt to put that on too. Those were both easy but when it came to socks putting them on was so hard. I didn't know why it was just not easy at all.

I searched for the door handle and began walking to try to find it and I felt into the shower. "Is everything alright in there?" The doctor asked me.

"Not really. Can you come and help me? I'm already dressed." He came in and helped me get up. He turned me around ninety degrees and then he walked me to my room. "Can you please get me my sneakers? I don't know where they are."

He walked and I could hear him searching through my bags to try to find me sneakers. He stopped searching and then I felt him try to put them on me. "I would like to try to do it if that's alright."

"That's fine. Here you go." He handed the two sneakers to me and I felt them to try to find out which one was right and which one was left. I figured out which was which and I got off of my bed and sat on the ground. I sat there and I tried to slip it onto my foot without untying it which was impossible. So I tried to feel my sneakers for the laces and I untied it and then I put it on my foot. Then I went into the reverse process to try to tie it. It was a lot easier than untying my shoe. I did the same thing for my other shoe.

"Wow pretty impressive." Slick said. "Don't ever get flustered with yourself trying to do simple things. If your sight doesn't come back everything will change and you have to learn how to do everything in a different way. Do you think you can be really patient?"

I had to really think about that. I wasn't that patient of a person. But this was something that I couldn't really rush and I had to wait out. "Yeah I don't think I have another choice, so I kind of have to have patience."