Chapter Two- Date

"Zoey get off of her!" I heard a teacher yell. Why is Zoey always getting into fights?

 "Zoey what are you doing?! Get off of her! Leave her alone!" I yelled. I didn't even know who this girl was, all I knew was that Zoey was about to rip her head off. I went over to get Zoey off of the poor girl and then I got punched in the face!

 "Break it up, break it up." a teacher finally yelled over the chaos while pulling them apart... or at least trying to pull them apart. 

 "Why were you just fighting that poor girl?" I said actually feeling sympatheitc for whoever that was.

 "She was talking about how disgusting it is for you to be gay. People can't talk about my friends like that. "

 "Oh, so that makes it okay to just start beating someone up? People are always going to have their opinions, but sometimes all we can do is ignore them. I just think about it as words, nothing more nothing less."

 She looked at me like I was crazy. "You know sometimes I feel like you are just too nice. You need to learn to stick up for yourself."

 She was right. I was way too nice to people. I always let people walk all over me and I know that its the wrong thing to do but I can't help it. It's just who I was and what I did. "Well yeah I guess I do. It wouldn't make my life any easier, but who said life was supposed to be easy?"

 "Good that's all I want from you." Now she had an award winning smile of hers on. She used to have braces and she looked so ugly with them. When she got them off she looked completely stunning. There was a little bit of blood dripping from her cheek. I guess that other girl did get some punches in before Zoey pinned her to the floor. Zoey wasn't short or anything. She was five six one inch taller than me and she had some big hands. She did wrestling and was the only girl that did and she used to take mixed martial arts but they kicked her out for being too violent. I didn't even know they could kick you out for being too violent. 

 "You should ask him out. I bet he'll say yes. Look he's walking our way right now." I had no idea who she was talking about until I saw who her eyes were on. It was Ron. He looked so amazing today. He was wearing a tight black sweatshirt, with grey jeans and white converse. His hair was short and spiked and it looked absolutely perfect.

"Fine I'll go talk to him but I'm not promising you anything."

 "Go go go!" she was literally pushing me down the hall like my life depended on it. I wasn't that desperate.

 I started walking towards Ron and my heart was beating so fast, it was like a Mustang racing down the street. I always got so nervous so quickly. I hadn't even done anything yet and I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. "Hey Ron." I said so simply but my voice decided to be a pitch higher than it usually was.

 "Hey James what’s up?" 

 "Nothing really. I have no plans after school today and I was wondering if you wanted to possibly hang out."

 "I was actually going to ask you the same thing when I saw you actually notice me. Want to go get a coffee or something?" He said a little nervously. Like I would say no to him. I guess that I wasn't the only one with a crush. Maybe the world was on my side for once and I could actually be happy with someone.

  My mouth was salivating just at the thought of coffee. Okay maybe I do have an addiction. "That sounds pretty awesome. I love coffee so what could go wrong?"

 "Okay I'll meet you by the flag pole at three. Is that okay with you?"

 "That's perfect I'll see you there." He winked at me and I realized I had the biggest smile on my face. I had never been asked on a date before so this was definitely a first.