Chapter Twenty One- Ashley

I woke up and once again everything was black again, the usual. I wished that my sight would just come back. Every once in a while I would see a little bit of white like I was seeing a light, but it would always disappear after a short time. I got up and held my arms out to feel for walls so I wouldn't run into anything. I got to the hallway and took a right to get into the bathroom. I searched for the toothbrush I knew was mine since my mom had put mine on the right side of the sink.

The toothpaste was on the same side of the sink so I squirt it on and started brushing my teeth. It was boring when you couldn't see anything. It was as if you know the world is moving and everyone else was also moving but you couldn't move. You couldn't move without holding someone else hand or knowing in your mind what objects are where so that you wouldn't stumble and fall. I wanted to be a part of the moving world again. I wanted to be able to experience what everyone else could experience without having to hold on.

When I finished brushing my teeth I went back to my room and felt for clothes I wanted to wear. I felt one of my sweaters and by the material I could tell that it was my blue sweater with a cool knitting design on the front. I had also found my gray jeans I knew were gray because of the material. I put everything on and then I tried to find my dark blue sneakers I wanted to wear. I thought I had found them so I decided to put them on. "Google do I have any new messages?"

"Yes, you have one message from Chris, 'Hey James just wanted to say good morning.' Would you like to reply?"

"Yes, say 'Good morning to you too.''

"Message sent." I went downstairs (after I put on some cologne) with my book bag and looked for something to eat. I couldn't have cereal since I wouldn't know how much to milk to add to it, and I couldn't make waffles since I would probably burn myself. I decided on a banana and a yogurt.

When I finished eating I didn't wake up my mom or call Zoey and Jake to bring me to school or to come pick me up. I decided to try and take the bus to be as normal as I could be again. I walked outside and just stood there until I could hear the bus. When I heard it I waited for it to stop at my house. When it stopped I walked over and held out my hands to try and feel for it. I felt someone's hands take my arm and guide me onto the bus. I was upset they had helped me but I was also grateful. I sat with them still not knowing who it was. I wasn't friends with many people on my bus so I was quite nervous. "Who are you?"

"Its Ashley. We have math class together. I didn't want you to touch the bus and get all dirty so I decided to help you out."

"Well thank you. I appreciate it."

"Your welcome. I'm actually Ryan's cousin I didn't know if..." The bus abruptly stopped and everyone started cursing out the bus driver.

"I feel like people should learn how to drive if they want to drive on the roads."

"Yeah you're absolutely right. I wonder how the bus driver has a license considering he is kind of the worse driver I've ever met." We both laughed a little bit.

"So what grade are you in?" I asked curiously since I barely knew this girl.

"I'm a senior so I'm almost done with school."

"Oh cool. I don't know how I don't know you. I know like everyone."

"Yeah I don't talk much, especially in math."

"Well you should because you seem really nice. Are we near the high school?"

"Yeah, would you like me to walk you in?" She asked shyly.

"That would be fantastic. Before we get inside would you be able to get my ID out of my book bag. It is in the smallest pocket at the top."

"Yeah no problem." She unzipped my book bag and took out my ID and then the bus stopped. I was guessing we were at the first stop sign before we had to get off of the bus. I readjusted my book bag on my back and Ashley put my ID in my hand. "You ready?" She asked.