Chapter Eleven- Gone

Lifeless. He looked lifeless. He didn't look like the guy I had seen over and over in the hallways. It was as if the Ron I had known had been erased and now there was just a body I was looking at. A body that had huge scratches across his face, and gashes on his legs. I wasn't crying because I was in shock. I didn't know what emotion to feel.

When people are in comas they sometimes don't come out. What if he didn't come out of his coma? I just looked at him for a while. When he didn't open his eyes tears started to come out of mine again. started crying again but this time it wasn't a loud cry. It was a soft cry that you couldn't hear. A cry that only had tears. A cry that was begging for hope and for this nightmare to end. Ryan handed me a tissue and guided me over to a chair that was in the room.

I took the chair and I pushed it over to the bed so that I could hold Rons hand. I wanted to feel his hand in mine just as it was before this accident. I put my head on the bed and cried into the bed. I decided that I had to build up some composure so I did. "Ron I know you probably cannot hear me. But I'm hoping that there is someway that you can hear me. We haven't been dating for too long but I have a lot of feelings for you. I will stay strong for you and be here for you until you wake up." I got up and walked out of his room. I went over to his parents "I'm so sorry about what has happened. If Ron knew this is how I would meet his parents he would probably laugh a little." His mom got up and hugged me. She hugged me and cried into my shoulder and I let her. I tried my hardest not to cry and stay strong for her and for Ron.

When she pulled away she said "Ron was never that great of a driver to be honest. But in this accident he was all alone. We didn't know what had happened and we thought it may have been attempted suicide. He hasn't been acting the same and we didn't know if he was maybe depressed so we looked through his room to try to find something to confirm or end our suspicions. While we were looking we found a letter and it was written to James. Do you know who James is?" I smiled that he had written something to me. I wonder if he was going to give it to me on our next date, or in school the next day.

"I'm James actually." She put her hand in her pocket and took out the letter. We haven't read it so we don't know what it says. But you are more than welcome to read it whenever you feel."

"Thank you. What have the doctors said about what happened?" I asked curious to see if he would be alright when he woke up.

"They said that if he does wake up that he will be paralyzed from the neck down. But there is surgery they can do to try to give him back his movement." I didn't know what to say.

"When he wakes up will you do the surgery?"

"We aren't sure. The surgery would have to be done in California so my husband and I would have to move our jobs and everything in order to go through with it. But we are planning to do the surgery more than not to." That meant that I would never see Ron anymore. If he moved there I would probably never see him again. All the physical therapy he would have to go through would be countless.

"Alright, well I should get going. I hope that he wakes up soon." I hugged his mom one last time and walked to the elevator where Ryan was waiting. We got into the elevator where Ryan kept looking at me to see if I was crying again but I had decided that crying wouldn't make anything better. We walked through the lobby to go outside to get to his car. "I'll give you the directions to my house." I took out my phone and typed in my address so that he could follow the GPS there and I didn't have to tell him everything.

When we had arrived at my house I didn't even say goodbye to Ryan. He looked hurt and I felt bad but I didn't have the energy to apologize. I walked inside and I went to my Mom who was in the kitchen cooking. I hugged her and told her everything. I told her what had happened and how Ryan brought me to see him and that he looked lifeless. I was crying all over again.