Chapter Twenty Two- Winner

I couldn't believe what I saw in front of me. I couldn't believe I could seewhat was in front of me. I was absolutely amazed that I could see. I sat up and I felt for my nightstand to feel my phone. I could feel it. I felt the tissues in the box, the weird feeling of lotion, the way the glass was cold and had the feeling of a fresh start. It wasn't a dream, it couldn't have been because I felt everything.

I saw everything from the curtains being slightly open, to the pile of dirty clothes on the floor. I never thought that I would value my sight this important. I went to the bathroom to get ready for school and I was so glad I didn't have to feel the walls to guide myself, that I didn't need to feel for what toothbrush was mine. I could just look at which one it was and grab it. I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush and brushed my teeth just like I would have before I lost my sight. I was so glad to see my teeth being cleaned.

While I was brushing my teeth I went over to the shower to turn it on. I had a bathroom which had a stand up shower, a claw foot tub, a double glass bowl sink, and a black matte finished toilet. The floor was heated so it was always warm. I rinsed my mouth after I had finished brushing my teeth and then took off all my clothes. I looked my body over in the full body mirror and noticed that my abs weren't really as toned as they usually were.

I thought that today would be a wonderful day to get back to track. I got into the shower and then closed the glass door behind me. I stood there for like five minutes just thinking. I thought about what I was going to say to Ryan, if I wanted to be friends with him. I thought about how I felt about Chris and if I wanted to give him a chance with me. I thought about me running on the track and training again to be the absolute best that I could be.

I got my Hollister soap off of the shower shelf and washed my body and my hair. I got out of the shower dried myself off and went into my room. I decided to wear a gray sweatshirt with my dark jeans and my black Levis. I put on my American Eagle cologne and put all the essentials in my track bag for practice. I went into my moms room to tell her the good news. I opened the door slowly and then went near her ear on her bed.

"Mom my sight came back."

"Wait, what did you say James?" She said in such a groggy voice.

"I said I can see again." At the sound of those words she woke up looked at me and I could see the excitement in her eyes.

"Oh. My. God. It's a miracle. I cannot believe it. Does everything look alright? Is anything blurry? Is it just like it was before."

"No, Mom it's even better. I never thought I would appreciate my vision this much."

"I'm so happy for you. I'm guessing you're going to go to track later?"

"Of course I am. I can finally start my life again. Call the doctor later and tell him. Tell him that he was right and my sight did come back."

"I definitely will. I'll see you later. I love you." She said as she kissed me on my forehead.

"I love you too mom." I exited her room went downstairs and made myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes, my favorite cereal. I always made sure that we had Frosted Flakes because they always made me so happy. I poured the milk into the bowl, got one of the biggest spoons we had, took a bite, and I was in heaven. I was beyond heaven, because it was so much better if that was even possible. I looked at my phone and noticed I had gotten a message from Chris. ' Good Morning, I hope you have a great day.'

I decided that he should be one of the first to know because of his willingness to help me get back on my feet when he found out about what happened. 'You wouldn't believe what happened to me this morning!!! I got my sight back! I can see again.' I decided to just forward the message to Zoey and Jake also. Because the first bowl of Frosted Flakes was so good I decided it was only fair to have another.