Chapter Fifteen- Hospital

I was currently in the hospital because of an incident on Wednesday. Ryan had become a person I never expected him to be. He became that guy in high school that is so popular that he thinks he can bully anyone below him. I had no idea why he was acting like this all of a sudden. I was pretty sure that him and I would never be friends again. And if we did become friends again it would take a lot for me to actually become his true friend.

Wednesday

I walked into school like any other day but while I was walking I was pushed to the ground by Ryan. "Hey fag maybe you should watch your step."

"I was watching my step until you f**king pushed me to the ground." I said as I tried to recover.

Ryan turned around and put his hands over his mouth as to announce something. "Hey everyone how about a little football kick-off practice." He then turned around and he started kicking me in the stomach.

It hurt so much. The pain was unbearable. I had abs and my stomach was strong but it wasn't strong enough to endure his kicks. After the third kick I started to throw up. "I guess my little buddy can't handle a little kick." I was then saved by the bell. Zoey and Jake found me on the floor after everyone dispersed.

"Oh my God did Ryan do this to you?" Zoey asked as she ran over to me.

"Ye..ah." I said coughing up blood. There wasn't too much of it but it was pretty bad.

"We need to get you to a hospital." Jake said trying to pick me up.

"No, not... yet. After... school." I said. I couldn't miss today because the last period of the day I had to help a special Ed girl practice her song she was going to sing for her class.

"Alright but we are taking you no matter what." The rest of the day went so slow. My stomach was hurting so much. I didn't say anything or do anything in most of my classes. I just sat and listened. I didn't have the energy to do otherwise.

Lunch is when more horrible things started happening. I sat at my table all alone since I now had nobody to sit with. I wasn't eating so I decided to just rest and lie my head on the table. All of a sudden Ryan came over to my table and he poured spaghetti all over me. Then he poured his milk over me and I tried to get up and get out of the cafeteria but his friends held me against the wall and he started punching me. "This is what you get for trying to make out with me you faggot." Ryan said to me. I only felt the first two punches until I was unconscious.

I woke up in the hospital. I saw my mom who was talking to what looked like a nurse in the white boring room. I had come to the hospital often but I didn't know who this nurse was so she must have been new. Everything was white except for the maroon chair meant for visitors that Zoey was sitting in. Jake was sitting on the windowsill and they were holding hands looking at each other. Jake glanced over to me and noticed that I was awake.

"Hey how are you?" Jake asked really softly. I felt fine until he asked that question. When he asked I noticed the crazy headache that I had.

"Fantastic not considering this headache. Horrible considering it." I said sarcastically. I noticed the stomach pain that I also had. "What even happened?"

"Well you were held against the wall and Ryan was punching you. Zoey and I were coming to see you in lunch and we saw you pass out. Zoey ran over to Ryan and she bit him and then I hurt him like I had on Monday. Then everything was broken up, the nurse came over, and they called an ambulance and Zoey and I insisted to go with you." I remembered the part up to which I passed out. But everything after that... well I passed out.

"Oh my God you're awake. The doctor said you might be in a coma." My mom said rushing over to me. When she got to me she held my hand.

"Yeah I'm alright for what happened I guess. What did the doctor say?" I asked wondering if there was anything seriously wrong.