Chapter Eighteen- Life

I sat upright and I felt the edges of my bed to figure out how far away I was from my nightstand. My right hand could just barely touch it so I moved over to the right a little bit more. I stood up and I started walking forward really slowly. I had my hands out in front of me so that when I got to a wall or a door I would feel it. I kept walking and finally my hands hit my door. I felt my door for the handle and when I found it I turned it to open it. I exited my room and took a right to go to the next room down from mine. I had my right hand on the wall while my left was just out in the air. I felt the bathroom door then the handle and walked in.

I started to touch everything trying to look for my toothbrush. I felt a hair brush, makeup, a razor and finally the cup with the toothbrushes in it and I didn't know which one was mine. So I decided I had to wake up my mom. "Mom I need help." I said louder than my normal voice.

"Give me a minute." She said from her room. I decided to just stand there and not really do anything. I started to think about how I would get around school. I guess I would have to have someone walk me to all of my classes since I couldn't really do it myself. "Well good morning to you. I guess its time to get ready?"

"Yes it is so let's get started. Can you hand me my toothbrush por favor?" She gave me my toothbrush and I felt for the toothpaste. I put some on my toothbrush but when I put the toothbrush in my mouth I knew there was nothing on it. My mom started laughing. "Mom that isn't funny." I said trying to hold in a laugh."

"Give me your toothbrush." I handed it to her and I was guessing she put the toothpaste on it. She then handed it back to me and I started brushing my teeth. It made me kind of upset that I couldn't floss but I'd figure that out in time. I spit out the toothpaste to ask if my mom could turn on the shower.

"I'll turn it on but you have to feel for how hot you want the water. I won't put it too hit but I know how you like it hot. I'll put all of your soaps in the back right of the shower. Got that?"

"I adjust the shower and back right corner. Got it."

"Alright. I'll go start making breakfast. If you need anything I'll be a yell away."

"Alright." I finished brushing my teeth rinsed my mouth and then I felt the water in the shower to make sure it was the right temperature. It was about perfect so I got in and the warm water in my own shower felt so great. It had been a while since I had gotten a shower in my house. I wanted to stand there longer but I had to wash my body, face, hair, and then shave. I really didn't want to shave but there was some scruff on my face I didn't need everybody to see me with.

I felt for my Hollister body wash so I would smell good today, then I washed my hair so it would smell like Axe and the guys would come and smell my hair like the girls did in the Axe commercials. I feel like if anyone came over to me and smelled my hair I wouldn't be happy about that. I feel like I would be really weirded out. But I guess straight guys thought it was attractive. I felt for my shaving cream and put some in my hand and then rubbed it on my face. I felt for my razor in the shower basket we had and when I found it I immediately dropped it. I felt around the tub to pick it up and by the time I had picked it up the shaving cream on my face had washed off.

I had to go through the entire process again but this time I didn't drop my razor. I started to shave and I thought I had done a pretty good job by not cutting myself at all but my mom was the one who could judge that. I got out of the shower and took the towel on the closest towel rack. I dried off and then started the walk back to my room.

I got to my room and closed my door after I walked in. I went to my drawers to look for my boxer briefs. When I found them I dropped my towel and felt my briefs for the tag that told me which was front and which was back. I figured it out and put them on. I then got a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I had no idea what pair of jeans they were or if the shirt was even a good color but I put them on anyways. I felt all of my shoes and looked for my gray Levis since they went with about everything I wore. I went to my closet and felt for a hooded sweatshirt and put that on too. If I had that on the T-shirt color wouldn't really matter.