Staying The Night

I walked back to my car with the addition of Maddy. I kick Rue out the front seat obviously.

"Hey Rue and Gia." Maddy says.

"Hey." Gia responds all slow because she's high.

"What's up?" Rue replies.

I see her tease me through the mirror. I roll my eyes and turn my focus on the road. "I'm not taking y'all home tonight."

"Why not?" Rue asks.

"Because you let your sister run off and get high. Aunt Les gon kill you and me." I answer.

"You make a good point." She agrees.

I look over at Maddy who was very quiet. I understood though, I mean her so called boyfriend just choked the shit out of her. I just never understood why or how that attracted her. She's just into that toxic shit I guess.

I like toxicity to a certain extent. Clearly as I'm into Maddy, who's one of the most toxic people of all time. But her relationship with Nate, I could never put myself through that.

I pulled up to my house and respectfully opened the door for Maddy. She's looked shocked as if she ain't use to this. I wouldn't be surprised. She goes out with Nate for crying out loud.

"Gia, go upstairs. I wanna talk to you. Rue tell your mother that y'all staying here. And you can go in my room if you'd like." I tell Maddy.

I show her where my room is before going in the guest room with Gia. I close the door behind me cause I wanted us to talk in private.

"Let me guess. You're upset with me." Gia says.

"Oh no. Look don't tell your mother or sister this but I'm not mad. A little disappointed that you smoked weed with random people though. You don't know what they could've had you smoking. Shit could've been laced for all you know. It's just, if you wanna smoke weed ya should've came to me. I would've got you right. We could've smoked together without Rue or your mom knowing of course." I respond.

"You serious?" She asks.

"Hella serious. I'm the cool cousin. You should know this. On an even more serious note you about to have the munchies soon. The snacks are in the cabinet next to the fridge." I say.

I exit the room and go back to mines. Maddy was looking around but it's not like there's much to see. My room is kind of basic.

"You live here alone don't you?" She asks.

"Yeah, why?" I respond.

"It's kind of obvious. Decor is terrible. Gives it all away." She says.

I chuckle. "Damn, you gon decorate my house or something?"

"Could definitely give you some pointers." Maddy replies.

"You good though? I can take you home if you want or you could stay here. It's up to you." I say.

"I'd rather stay here." She responds.

"Cool. You can browse my closet if you want to change into something more comfortable. You're free to shower, roam the fridge, or whatever it is you wanna do." I say.

She decided to shower and that was fine with me. While she was doing that, I stash the money I made from the carnival into my secret safe. I had about 230,000 dollars in this safe. I don't touch it nor do I plan to anytime soon.

The money was for a back up plan in case anything goes wrong. Like if I need to move again or bond money. Ya know things like that.

Maddy was still in the shower so I decided to shower as well. In a different bathroom of course. I spent a good twenty five minutes in there. I dried off and put on some a sports bra and some boxers along with black sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I put on some Nike socks as well as deodorant and some cologne.