Oklahoma

"Y/N, wake the fuck up." Maddy yells.

"I am up." I respond with a pillow over my face.

I remove the pillow to see Maddy finally ready. I've been done like two hours ago. Why do girls take so damn long?

"About time." I mumble.

"Shut up." She replied.

I grabbed the matching jacket to my outfit and put it on.

Like I do on most school mornings, I picked up Rue and Gia

Like I do on most school mornings, I picked up Rue and Gia. I dropped Gia off first like usual. When she got out there was this boy waiting for her. Time for my embarrassing antics.

"Leave that damn boy alone and go to class." I yell.

Rue laughs like always and Maddy looks at me sternly. "Let her be great. You're such a hater."

"I'm not a hater. Boys ain't gon get her nowhere." I say.

I parked where I usually do as I pulled up to East Highland. "Hey cuz can I talk to you?"

Rue about to ask me some bullshit. I can just feel it coming. I give Maddy a kiss before she gets out the car.

"Alright what's up?" I ask.

"How would you feel about me smoking weed?" She asks.

I just knew it was some bullshit. "You're a recurring drug addict and you wanna smoke weed? Is this an alternative for everything else you do or are you smoking weed and popping pills all at the same time?"

"An alternative." Rue answers but it sounded more like a question.

"You're full of it. Why are you coming to me about this anyway?" I ask.

"Because you smoke weed." She replies.

"Just like everything else, I ain't selling you weed either." I say.

"Then maybe we can do it together." She suggests.

Either she lost her fucking marbles or she's making a valid ass point. I don't condone in her drug use. I've always hated it. But weed isn't harmful. It makes you feel just as good as whatever she probably takes just without the overdoses and whatnot.

"Alright fine. You wanna smoke weed then let's do it." I say.

Smoking weed with Rue can't be that bad, can it?

___________________

It's terrible. I wouldn't say it's bad, just hilariously terrible. I really hate that we share a lot of the same classes because we been laughing at everything all day.

We stood in the hallway with some boy named Elliot that she met at the New Years party. Pretty cool dude if you ask me.

"Yo Lex what are you doing?" Rue asks as Lexi was putting something on the school walls.