Something Ain't Right

This is the greatest book I have ever created which makes me forget that I have other books to work on......oh well.

_______________

"Mom?"

I'd remember those fucking eyes anywhere. I feel like lately everyday something just pops off. I just want peace with my girl.

"Wow, you've grown so much. You're so tall and muscular and covered in tattoos. Just like your father." She says.

"How the fuck did you get my address?" I ask.

"Your aunt Leslie. It's so good to see you." She replies.

I love my aunt to death but why? Why would you do that to me? We don't even know this lady for real. You're related to my dad, not her. "What do you want? Money? Drugs? Money and drugs?"

"I don't want either of those things. I've actually been clean for the past six months. I came to rekindle our relationship." My 'mother' says.

"We've never even had a relationship for you to rekindle." I point out.

In fact I find her timing to be odd as fuck. My father comes home and she suddenly shows up. They've always had some type of rivalry.

My mother was actually in my life up until I was like five or six. During that time she always hated that I loved my father more. He was the only one that actually showed that he cared about me.

I was just always closer to him than her. Twelve years later nothing has changed. Although I will give her some credit. She does look better. The last time she tried to come around she was drugged out.

Looked worse than Rue at that so called intervention. If you can even call that an intervention.

"I know and I take full responsibility for that. It's my fault for not being there when I should've. But I'm here now and I'd love to just start over. I'd love another chance at being your mother." She says.

I believe in second chances depending on the situation. But I'm not even sure I would call this a second chance. I think her chances are in like double digits.

"Baby you've been at the door forever. Who the fuck are you talking to?" Maddy calls from the living room.

I hear footsteps coming towards me and Maddy appear next to me. Her eyes go back and forth between me and my so called mother.

I literally never wanted them to cross paths ever in life. Yet here we are.

___________

"Maybe it's not so bad. She's seems nice and genuine." Maddy says.

We stood in the kitchen just looking at my mom who sat at the dining room table. "I don't trust a word she says. I don't trust her at all. Her timing is off. Something ain't right."

"All I'm saying is give her a chance. I have a terrible relationship with my parents. I'd literally kill for either one of them to make this type of effort. Give her this last chance. If it doesn't work out then at least you can say you tried." Maddy insists.

I sigh about to give in. "Fine."

I go over and sit at the table across from my birth giver. "This is your last chance. I don't trust you so you're already on thin ice with me. You manage to fuck this up, which you probably will, that's it and I'd prefer to never see you again after that. Also never show up to my house unannounced ever again."

She didn't seem to be fazed at the fact that I was being harsh towards her. Maybe cause she knows she deserves it. Honestly I wanna slap the shit out of her. But I'm listening to my woman.