Get Back

A Few Days Later

"Nigga yo ass almost died on me. No, I am not alright." I say to Bobby.

"Keyword, almost. Can't nobody kill me fool." He responds.

"You had moms stressing bad. But on some real shit, who did it?" I ask.

He sighs like he knew I was about to ask this. I just need to know so I can do what I gotta do. Business must be handled. "It was Mob Piru. Trey and Cory. Caught me while taking out the trash."

"I knew it. I had a strong feeling it was they asses." Jaden says.

I just nod already knowing what I gotta do. They about to get a surprise visit that they ain't gon like.

"Nope. You better not do anything." Bobby says looking at me.

"Nigga fuck you mean I better not do anything. Being shot must've made you forget who the fuck I am. I'm coming for they ass real soon." I say.

"I'm on her side on this one bro." Jaden and AJ agrees.

"You may not like it but we South Side forever. This is what we was taught and raised to do." I shrug.

My phone starts ringing making the guys laugh because of the ringtone. "I know yo ringtone is not a girly ass love song by Beyoncé." AJ laughs.

Haha, hehe, whatever. It's not my default ringtone. I only ever hear it when Maddy calls me. So fucking what if it's Dangerously In Love by Beyoncé.

"Yo." I say as I answered the phone.

"Don't answer the phone like I'm one of your homeboys. Already got me fucked up." Maddy snaps.

I just laugh. At this point I'm used to getting snapped on by her. "My bad shawty. What's up?"

"Your girlfriend just drove me fucking crazy. It's always 'Y/N and I did this, Y/N and I did that'. When is it gonna be Y/N and I broke up?" She replies.

I still haven't let Cassie go and she's been on my ass about it. A big part of me doesn't want to. I just really like being around her.

"Maddy I don't have a girlfriend. But if you talking about Cassie then I have nothing to say about that." I respond.

"I'm sure you don't. When are you coming back? I don't like being at your house without you here. The girls are cool but they're not you." Maddy says.

"You called me in front of everybody?" I ask.

"No, I'm in the bathroom." She answers.

"Oh. I'll be back later. I got something to take care of." I say.

"I don't like how that sounds. Don't have me over here worrying about you." She responds.

I chuckle. "Maddy worrying about somebody other than herself? Pigs must be out here flying."

"I'm being serious. Just be safe." Maddy says.

"I will." I respond.

I hang up the phone and turn my attention back to the boys.

"I was only half dead for like a week. You fucking with Maddy and Cassie now?" Bobby asks.

"No. Well kind of. It's complicated." I reply.