- four -

I woke up the next morning to my cat, Tigger, purring by my side with his head nudging my arm. 

I rolled over and cuddled him for a few minutes, before grabbing my phone from the bedside table to check the time. 

07:46 AM

Wow this cat loves to wake up early. A lie in would be nice for once, or maybe he could bother another member of my family.

Still half asleep, I began to scroll mindlessly through TikTok.

Videos of last night's concert were flooding my fyp. Someone even managed to catch a video of me launching my letter off of the balcony.

I can't believe I met her last night. I can't believe she held me in her arms.

Of course I would have preferred not to embarrass myself by crashing into her but hopefully she didn't mind. She probably went back to a hotel where her boyfriend was waiting for her or something.

She always kept that aspect of her life private. I mean, if I was in her shoes I wouldn't exactly want everyone knowing about my love life. Of course, people pry and found out about a couple of her boyfriends but nothing really seemed to last long.

I guess I just hope she finds someone to make her happy - I wish it could've been me.

Surprisingly, a message popped up at the top of my screen.

(323) 123-4567:  Hey, this Y/n?

Who's that? 323's not an English number. Curious, I googled the area code for 323 as I'd never heard of it before.

Los Angeles, America. 

More specifically, Highland Park LA. 

Wait. Highland Park? Could this be Billie? Surely not. It wouldn't be. Why would it be? 

Well, I might as well find out who it is.

(323) 123-4567:

Hey, this Y/n?

Y/n:

Yeah, who's this?

Whoever they are, they're quick to respond. They're already typing.

(323) 123-4567:

You kinda walked into me last night and made me drop all my shit on the floor, remember?

Fuck. What on earth is she messaging me for? Did I break something? She sounds pissed.

Y/n:

Billie? I'm so sorry for walking into you. Have I broken anything? Sorry again.