- twenty nine -

The next couple of weeks were euphoric. I don't think I've been so happy, EVER! 

People say that the romance drains away when you begin to live together - I mean, we aren't living together, yet, but this is pretty close. Either way, I am definitely feeling the same amount, if not more romance now I get to wake up next to Billie every day.

I still can't believe we're a couple. It feels like one massive dream and at any moment, I could wake up and it all be swept away. God, I hope not. This is all I want.

To be cliché, this is everything i wanted.

We hadn't really been out in public much, obviously. Billie has always kept her private life really private, and she's not out to the world yet. I don't mind at all. She let me take all the time I needed to come out, so I'll do the same for her. Plus, I don't exactly know how I feel about the world knowing I'm dating her; I'm sure a lot of people would have strong opinions.

Most of our time was spent in her house, or with her family, or on random drives going nowhere with the music as loud as it could go. She had the occasional meeting or interview but that's alright. She's one of the most popular singers right now so I guess the interviews and meetings are like a package deal.

We were over at Finneas' because he and Billie were writing some music. He's got a whole studio in his house - it's insane. 

He was sat at a desk in front of his computer surrounded by keyboards, mixing desks, and every other piece of musical equipment you could ever need.

Billie was sat next to him with a microphone in front of her, of course.

Me and Claudia were in the living room, out of the way. The door was closed to keep the audio clean so we couldn't hear a thing and they couldn't hear us.

I could watch Billie and Finneas through that glass door all day. They had such a cute dynamic together. Plus, they're both incredible at what they do. Billie can come up with a few lyrics or melodies and boom, Finneas is right there with a beat or a track. They just worked so well together.

"So, what are your plans for when you go back home?" Claudia asked, drawing my attention away from Finneas and Billie.

Shit, that's only in a few days; these two weeks have flown by. 

"Um..." I hesitated. "Well, I have to go back to sixth form, it's A-Level year."

"What's an A-Level?" she questioned. 

"They're just exams. Not fun." I joked.

In reality, I shouldn't be joking. I'm not prepared for them, and I should be revising or doing something productive. 

"I left school in 8th grade, so I didn't have much of all that." she said.

What's 8th grade in UK years? I have no idea. I just nodded and awkwardly took a sip of water.

"How do you think long-distance will be?" she asked.

"All the questions, huh?" I teased. She really wants all the details!

"I'm just nosy."

"I think we'll be okay." I said. 

I'd like to think we'll be okay. Truthfully, I have no idea.

"I think you'll be fine." Claudia added. "Don't tell her I said this, but she's completely changed since she met you."

"Really?" I questioned, surprised.

"Oh yeah." she exaggerated, "This is the happiest she's been in a while."

"Same over here." I said.

Before either of us could continue, Billie suddenly leaped onto the sofa next to me and nuzzled her head onto my shoulder.

"What're you two talking about?" she grilled with a laugh.

"Nothing." I replied, wrapping an arm around her. "Do you think you could've just sat down like normal person?" 

"No." 

"So how'd it go in there?" Claudia asked as Finneas took a seat next to her.

"We got some good stuff." Finneas replied. "Billie's really been in a writing mood recently." he said, giving me a wink.

Why's he winking at me?

Billie lobbed a cushion at him. "Shut up bro!"

"I didn't say anything!" he retaliated, throwing the cushion back.

"All right, all right. Chill out you two." Claudia laughed.

Suddenly, Peaches and Shark came bounding in after the cushion.

"Oh now look what you've done." Finneas said to Billie.

Shark grabbed the cushion and ran around the room, Peaches madly chasing him for it.

"Get him off! I like that cushion." Claudia whined as she began to run after the dogs who swiftly sprinted out of the door.

"Oh my god, we'll leave you to it then." Billie chuckled, leading me out.

"Sorry!" I called out with a laugh as I walked out the door and into Billie's car.

"You're a pain in the arse, you know that?" I said to Billie as she put her seatbelt on. "Total chaos."

"Open the door." she said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Open the back door."

I climbed over the centre console and opened the back door. Shark came hurtling towards us and leaped into the car, the cushion still in his mouth.

"Oh my god Shark, let it go!" I pleaded, attempting to pry it from his mouth. 

Seconds later, Claudia followed with Finneas behind, holding Peaches back.

We spent the next few minutes trying to get the cushion away from Shark. Billie stayed in the front seat, laughing at us. Finally, Shark gave up and let it go. Claudia quickly shut the car door and I fell back into my seat.

"Oh my god." I exclaimed, exhausted. 

Shark on the other hand, just slumped down on the back seat as if nothing had happened.

"Thanks for the help." I said to Billie sarcastically.

"You're welcome." she cockily replied, putting the car into gear and starting to drive off.

"Sorry!" I called out of the car window, again, giving Claudia and Finneas a wave goodbye. 

Billie just erupted into laughter. I couldn't help but join her as I put my seatbelt on.

After we'd calmed down, Billie focused her attention on the road, the radio playing in the background. 

"Wanna go somewhere quiet?" she asked.

"Sure." I replied.