- twenty -

We were a good 5 hours into the flight, so just about halfway. I'd spent the majority of that time looking at everything. The personal mini fridge thingy, the tv, the free amenities. The cabin lights had dimmed and everyone was asleep, Billie included, resting her head on my shoulder. She had been asleep for about the past 40 minutes.

I, on the other hand, was sat on my phone, the brightness turned down so as not to bother her. I was scrolling through my camera roll whilst my Spotify playlist was quietly in the background. 

I've never really had a lot of photos or videos. I'm currently sitting on just 46 photos and 11 videos. Amazing, I know. I'm a real collector.

I scrolled through for a little while, reminiscing all of the memories, before I reached one of me at Billie's concert. It was taken outside the O2, just before the concert, just before my life changed.

I had absolutely no idea about what was going to happen. I was completely clueless. If you would've told me I would've had the week I just have, I would've probably smacked you in the face.

I just stared at it for a little while whilst music played through my AirPods. I could feel Billie's chest rising and falling as she softly breathed, peacefully asleep.

How have I even got to this point? A week ago I was a nobody. A week ago my life was nothing. And now? Now I have the love of my life resting on my shoulder and I'm flying to the other side of the world with her. Have I taken things too quickly? How does she know she even loves me? It's been a week.

Maybe I've jumped the gun. 

My breathing quickened and my heart began to beat more rapidly as I considered the current situation. My eyes began to well up.

I've said it a million times to myself and for some reason I haven't listened. She's out of my league, ENTIRELY. Yet here I am, on a plane to America. This is all going to go wrong. This was a mistake. A huge mistake.

Suddenly, my AirPod was gently taken out of my ear and Billie wrapped her arms around mine.

"What's wrong love?" she asked, visibly confused.

"Shit, I didn't mean to wake you." I exclaimed, trying to stop the tears from streaming down my face.

"What's wrong?" she asked again, giving me an encouraging squeeze and taking my phone from my hand, admiring the photo.

"Thinking about this?" she said, smiling.

"Do you think we've moved too fast?" I brusquely questioned, my voice shaken, a single tear falling down my cheek.

Billie pulled back and placed my phone down, gazing at me in the dimly lit cabin. 

I stared back. God, say something please Bil. Anything. Even if you say you don't want this anymore.

She lent back in and cupped my face with her hand, tenderly wiping my tear away with her thumb. 

"I don't care that we've only known each other a week." she began. "Sure, it's short as fuck but it's been the best week of my life."

Really?

"It wouldn't make a difference whether I've known you a week or a year. I've never felt like this. I've never felt so happy with someone." she continued, staring into my eyes. "I love you Y/n."

I'll admit, it's hard to believe that in the space of a week she's caught feelings for me. In my case, I've had a crush on her for years and during those years, she had no idea I existed.

"But we know nothing about each other." I say in denial.

"Do you think I give everyone I meet my phone number?" she asked, still cupping my face.