- thirty three -

I'd got to the check in desk and the lady said I was too early. So what am I supposed to do? Sit out here? I don't think so.

I ended up having a big of a heated argument with her. To be fair, I was just projecting my anger onto her. It's been an emotional day to say the least.

We were trading arguments back and forth for at least 20 minutes and she was adamant that I couldn't check in.

"I just want to go home!" I finally yelled in outrage. 

The lines of people waiting to check in all turned their heads in unison and stared at me. Shit. That's embarrassing.

"Sorry." I quietly remarked, regaining my composure. "I just want to go home."

The lady stared at me for a moment. It was obvious in her expression that she felt sorry for me. She turned her attention to her computer and began pressing some buttons.

"Here." she said handing me my passport back, a boarding pass poking out of the top.

She put a ticket on my suitcase and pushed it onto the conveyor belt behind.

"Have a nice flight." she said with a smile. 

I apologised for my outburst again and thanked her for her help.

That's not exactly how checking in should go. At least I can finally get into the airport and be a step closer to home.

I put my passport and boarding pass away and started to make my way towards security.

"Y/N?" someone shouted from behind.

I know that voice anywhere, and it's certainly not one I want to hear right now. I briefly turned around and watched her fight her way through the mob of people waiting to check in. She was desperate.

I turned back around and continued making my way to security. What does she not understand about 'leave me the fuck alone?' It's pretty clear if you ask me.

"Y/n wait!" she shouted.

I ignored her as she continued to call my name, her voice becoming louder as she was getting closer.

Suddenly, a hand was on my shoulder and I was spun around.

"Will you just stop!" she said, her face in front of mine.

"Fuck off." I bitterly scorned, swiping her hand off of my shoulder.

"Let me explain baby, please." she begged. I could hear the desperation in her voice. It made me feel terrible.

But I'm not the one to blame here. She kissed him. She's the one who cheated.

"Fuck off." I repeated, "And don't call me that."

 Once again, I turned around and continued on my walk to security.

She inevitably followed, this time coming in front of me and walking backwards.

"It's not what it looked like." she continued.

It's not what it looked like? Is that not the most common thing a cheater says? I'm pretty sure the photo doesn't fucking lie.

I kept my head forward and my gaze fixed away from her. I don't want to even look at her.

"Y/n fucking stop, please!" she implored, placing both of her hands on my shoulders to stop me.

She'd pushed me back with a little force and stopped me in my tracks. I sharply batted her hands  off of me.

"Don't touch me." I sneered, this time glaring right into her eyes.

"I'm sorry." she contritely said, swiftly placing her arms by her side. "Just let me explain."

"Explain what?" I affronted. "Explain how you're a cheating bitch? Explain how I loved you with all my fucking heart and you threw it back in my face, with a BLOKE? Out of all things, with a man!"

"No, Y/n. That's not what..."

"That's not what happened?" I interrupted. "So there isn't a picture of you all over the fucking internet?"

"Can we just do this somewhere else?" she asked, her eyes timidly scanning the room.

"No. Fuck you. Just leave me alone." 

"We didn't kiss." she said. 

"Oh yeah of course you didn't." I replied sarcastically. "Stop fucking lying to me! I'm not an idiot. Don't fucking patronise me."

The anger inside of me was overwhelming and finally I snapped. 

"You know what? I wish I never fucking met you. I wish I never wrote that letter. I wish I never fucking bumped into you. You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me!"

She just stood there and didn't utter a sound. She stared at me in despair, a single tear falling down her cheek and tumbling to the floor.

Shit. That was way too harsh. I shouldn't have said that. Look at her, she's distraught. 

But she did this to herself. She's the one in the wrong.

"I love you Y/n." she eventually remarked.

My hand instantaneously swung out in front of me and struck her across the face.

Suddenly, flashes of a camera appeared from across the room. Shit.

I spun around and swiftly walked into security and out of the camera shot. I dumped my belongings on a tray and walked through the metal detector. I was all clear, collected my belongings and stopped at the end, looking back.

She was still staring at me tears streaming down her, now red, cheek.

FUCK! She looks so heartbroken. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

The man with the camera began to walk towards her from across the room with a smile plastered on his face, the flash of his camera constant.

She broke her gaze with me and quickly ran away, out of the doors and out of the airport. 

The pig of a paparazzi followed her. Fucking blood thirsty asshole.

I turned around and continued into the airport towards the gates, tears now uncontrollably flowing down my face.

What have I done?