- nineteen -

The ride to the airport wasn't too long, and I loved it. 

The driver pulled into a lay-by next to the entrance to the terminal and got out, heading straight for the boot and pulling our bags out.

Claudia and Finneas got out whilst me and Billie sat for a moment. 

"Now this part isn't my favourite." she exclaims with a sigh.

"What part?" I ask.

"Walking through the airport." she says.

That's fair enough. Then again, it's the same anywhere - whether that's walking through the airport or walking down the street, there'll always be someone pointing a camera or phone in her face. I hate that it makes her feel like that. She can't be normal.

I could tell she'd prepared for it; she was still dressed in her usual, oversized style but wore a basic, monotone colour. She wore nothing that would catch someone's eye. Black trousers, black shirt, black cap and a facemask.

I took my hoodie and held it out.

"Want it?" I asked.

I mean it's not exactly an invisibility cloak but it has a hood? That counts for something, right?

She didn't even hesitate and took it, struggling to put it on in the back of the van.

We both laughed as I helped her find the opening to the arms.

Whilst Billie finished her hoodie wrestling, I looked out of the windshield and my parents were stood with hers. They must be getting along, hopefully.

Finally, she got out of the van and I was about to follow before Billie quickly stopped me.

"You forgot something." she giggled, pointing at my crotch.

Shit. My jeans aren't done up. 

I went a little red and swiftly redid the button and belt up before continuing out of the van. Definitely don't want my parents to see that. 

We both thanked the driver as he handed us our suitcases and joined the huddle of our families.

"Right then, who's ready?" my dad asked, excited.

Now he is the typical airport dad. He controls everything. It's quite funny actually. 

Billie adjusted her cap, facemask and my hoodie, and we all made our way inside.

She kept her head down and I kept my distance, kind of. I walked alongside my mum, who was positioned in between me and Billie. 

We dropped our bags off at the check in desk and collected our tickets.

First class? FIRST CLASS?

I had to take a double take at the ticket. Billie didn't even pull a face when getting hers - it was just like another day. Then again, it basically is for her.

My parents on the other hand were waving their tickets in the air. 

"Luxury!" my mum quietly, yet excitedly remarked.

We all laughed and continued through the airport, through security and then to our gate where the plane was parked and waiting.

By the time we'd reached the gate the crew were already beginning to board passengers.

We left quite late so Billie could avoid hanging around. If I was famous, I'd do the same. Actually, I'd get my own jet. 

In that sense, that's one of the best things about Billie, she's humble. She still travels like any other person, apart from the first class bit, but who can blame her? 

It was only about ten minutes before we were finally at the door to the jet bridge. We handed in our boarding passes and all made our way onto the plane.

"Who's sitting where then?" Patrick asked as we all congregated in the aisle of the plane.

We had the whole section to ourselves. 

Finneas and Claudia obviously went together and took the two seats at the nose of the plane.

There was a row of four so Maggie, Patrick, my mum and dad took those.

Thankfully, that just left me and Billie. We left a couple of rows in between and took two seats at the back. 

I joyfully crashed into the chair as Billie, much more graciously, took her seat and relieved herself of the mask, cap and hood.

"Los Angeles here we come!" I said, a smile plastered on my face.

LOS ANGELES HERE WE FUCKING COME!