- twenty eight -

I hadn't bothered to go back to the hotel with my parents now they knew me and Billie were dating. There isn't any point now, we don't have to be apart. No more 'friend-zone'.

It feels amazing not having to hide from them anymore. It's so freeing. Not just me and Billie, but not having to hide I'm not straight. Pretending to like boys at sixth form was exhausting, and I probably wasn't any good at it either.

I'd stayed the night at Billie's family home. She'd showed me around her room that I'd only seen bits of in old livestreams. It was sweet for her considering she didn't live there anymore - most of the stuff was from when she was 16 and under. It was cute to see her reminisce over the smallest of things.

We'd lied in bed after my parents left and looked through her camera roll before we eventually dozed off.

I woke up to the sun peeking through a gap in the curtains and Billie's arm over me, her phone on the floor. I picked it up and looked at the time.

09:13 AM

Her lockscreen was a picture of me that I had no idea she'd even taken. It was from when I was asleep in the Mercedes in London. We definitely need to take a new one to replace that.

I moved the phone off of the floor and onto the corner of the bed so it wouldn't accidentally get trodden on.

It's too early to get up. I'm going to take advantage of the snuggles a little longer. She's so cute when she sleeps. I rolled over and just stared at her in awe before she suddenly opened her eyes.

"You creep." she joked, jovially pushing my face with her hand.

"Ugh, get off!" I laughed, "Who wouldn't stare when they have the prettiest woman in the world next to them?"

"Shut up you simp." she whined.

 I kissed her on the forehead and laid my head back down on the pillow. "Learn to take a compliment little miss moody."

"What's the time?" she asked, completely ignoring what I just said.

"9am." I replied. 

"Want a shower?" she asked.

I guess I could go for one.

"Okay." I said, rolling out of bed and taking a few steps before tripping over a suitcase on the floor, falling onto my face.

"Oh my god." I groaned. "What's that there for?"

"Oh yeah, that's your stuff." Billie replied, still lying in bed, not bothering to help me off the floor.

I sat up and opened the suitcase. Sure enough, it was all of my stuff - and neatly packed too.

"How'd that get here?" I asked as the last time I checked, it was all in the wardrobe in my hotel room.

"My mom went and packed it all up for you. Since you're staying, you might need your clothes." Billie said, finally getting out of bed and giving me a hand to stand up.

"Thanks." I replied in a sarcastic tone regarding her, extremely late, proffer of assistance. "You're mum didn't have to do that." I continued.

"She offered last night when you were speaking with your parents. She likes having you here." Billie said.

Well, I definitely feel appreciated in this house.

"Come on then." Billie said, taking my hand, pulling me out of the bedroom.

"Morning you two lovebirds!" Patrick called from down the hallway.

Man, I hope that novelty wears off. It's sweet, sure, but I wouldn't exactly say 'morning married couple' to him and Maggie. Oh whatever, he means well.

"Morning Patrick." I replied with a chuckle. 

We entered the bathroom and Billie turned the shower on. I found out, the hard way, that you have to let the water warm up in America before you have a shower; It doesn't just come out warm. Learning that was not a fun experience.

I closed the door and stood by the sink, looking in the mirror. This could quite literally be the worst mound of bed hair I have ever had! Billie came behind me and rested her chin on my shoulder. 

"So pretty." she commented, staring at me on the mirror. 

"Really? With this hair?" I joked.

"LeArN tO tAkE a CoMpLiMeNt!" she mimicked.

Touché Billie. Touché.

I laughed and she spun me around to face her.

"I can't believe you're all mine now." she said, staring into my eyes and holding my hips.

I blushed and looked back at her. "I'm yours?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow.

"Yes you are." she reiterated, pulling my top over my head and dropping it on the floor.

"I'll take it." I expressed as I turned the lock on the door.