- forty two -

Finally, at 11pm, Billie and I decided to go up to bed. 

We both said goodnight to my parents and I led Billie up the stairs and into my bedroom. She'd only ever seen the downstairs of my house - well, she's only ever been here once.

As I pulled my door closed, Billie stood in the centre of the room and began to look around. It was adorable to see the different expressions on her face as her eyes darted from thing to thing.

Surprisingly, a look of what I could only assume to be second hand embarrassment spread across her face, accompanied by a menacing grin. 

I traced her line of sight and noticed what she was smiling at.

Oh shit. I completely forgot. I have a few 'Billie' things in here. I mean I'm a fan, what do you expect? :)

She strolled over to the wardrobe door and pulled the Billie Eilish calendar off of it, laughing as she did so.

"What's this?" she asked teasingly, beginning to flick through each month.

"Come on, leave it alone!" I joked, walking over and attempting to take it back from her.

Billie did a barrage of spins and awkward manoeuvres to avoid me, which she managed easily. She continued to flick through the months, pretending to admire the pictures of herself plastered on the paper.

"Look at this one!" she gaily said, turning the page to me so I could see. "Don't I look hot in that one?"

"You always look hot, now give it back." I continued to persist hoping the compliment would encourage her to give it up.

"What's this about?" Billie asked as she stopped on June.

She pointed to the 25th of June, in which I'd drawn a little love heart in the square.

"All of the rest are blank." she carried on. "What's so special about June 25th?"

I finally had the chance to take the calendar back, which she gladly let me do, still awaiting an answer. I folded the pages closed and placed the calendar on my desk.

"That's when I first met you." I eventually replied. "When I walked into you at that door."

Billie's cheeks turned a gorgeous shade of pink as she blushed. She came towards me and hugged me from behind, her chin resting on my shoulder.

"Awww you drew a love heart for me." she said in an endearing tone before placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.

I turned around in her arms and wrapped mine around her, holding her in a tender hug.

"Well, I had to mark the occasion." I warmly explained. 

Billie held her grasp on me for a little while, her warm breaths periodically brushing against my face, her chest rising and falling.

"Alright mamas. Now where's your bathroom?" she asked, releasing me from the hug.

I pointed Billie in the direction of my en suite and she grabbed her toothbrush from her suitcase before making her way inside.

Whilst she was brushing her teeth, I began to take my clothes off to get into something more comfortable.

I sat on the edge of my bed as I carefully pulled my tracksuit bottoms off. Just taking my clothes off was a bit of a chore. I'm definitely not getting back on a motorbike anytime in the foreseeable future, that's for sure.

I flung the tracksuit bottoms into the corner of my room, grabbing a pair of pyjama shorts out of my drawers and putting them on. I reached my hands under my t-shirt and undid my bra, cautiously pulling it out and, once again, flinging it into the corner.

There. Now that's much more comfortable.

I walked into the bathroom and stood next to Billie in front of the sink as she was brushing her teeth. I grabbed my toothbrush and slathered some toothpaste on it before starting to brush mine.

We ended up locking eyes in the mirror as we both brushed - over time, it became more and more hilarious. Billie would occasionally pull a stupid face and I couldn't contain my laughter, basically spitting toothpaste all over the mirror.

After a couple of minutes, we'd gotten over our shenanigans and finished up, wiping the toothpaste off each other's faces as it had started to drool down our chins. Billie went back into the bedroom to change as I was left clearing up our mess. 

After getting rid of all of the stray toothpaste, I turned the light off and came back into my bedroom, Billie already in bed in a long t-shirt.

"That's my side." I complained as she'd laid down on the right.

"Seriously?" she asked with a chuckle. "You're one of those people?"

"Yes Bil I am, so move." I replied as I basically sat right next to her face, forcing her to shift over.

I delicately rolled onto my side so as not to knock my ribs on anything, wiggling around a little bit to get comfortable.

We both faced each other as we laid in bed, Billie's eyes glistening in the light of my lamp.

"You're so beautiful." I blurted out as we locked eyes.

"You're such a simp." Billie replied with a smile. 

"Get used to it." I stated, "I'm gonna be with you everyday now."

"I think I'll get used to it very quickly." she suggested as she closed her eyes and rested her head fully onto the pillow.

"Goodnight." I said.

I stared at her for a moment, admiring her flawless face. Her heavenly lips, her smooth skin, the way her hair cutely draped down the edge of her cheeks.

She's just so perfect. 

"Are you just gonna stare at me or what?" Billie asked, opening one eye to look at me.

Stare? I wouldn't say I was staring; I'd call it more appreciating the beauty of the woman I'm sharing my bed with. Well, I guess you could call it staring. Maybe I was, just a little.

"Sorry, can't help it." I replied, reaching for the switch of the lamp and turning it off.

"Night." she softly said.