- twenty six -

I cuddled up to Billie and rested my head on her shoulder. She placed her arm around me and we stared into the distance.

"I'm really glad I got to spend these weeks with you." I said.

"Same here mamas." she replied. "Do you really have to go?"

"I made a deal with my parents. I wish it wasn't like this - I wish I could stay with you." 

"Don't you still have a few weeks of holiday left until school?" she asked.

"Um.. yeah. I have like 4 more weeks."

Where's she going with this?

"Stay then."

"Stay?" 

"Stay with me. Let your parents go home and we can finally have some alone time. We won't have to hide." she said. 

She's right. We wouldn't be hiding. 

"I don't know Bil. I'm surprised they even agreed to coming out here." I pondered.

"Listen Y/n. I really want this to work, I want us to work, but I can't have you so far away." she began to explain.

Shit. Is this a break up? 

"Wait, wait, are you breaking up with me?" I asked stunned, leaning away from her hug.

"Fuck no!" she replied immediately, pulling me back in. "What the fuck? Absolutely not."

God that's a relief.

"I just want you here with me." she continued, kissing me on the head.

"Fucking hell, I nearly had a heart attack." I exclaim. "I want you too. I want to be with you all the time. I want to fall asleep next to you and wake up to your face in the morning. I want to watch you work and have fun and be happy. I want to be here." 

Fuck, this sucks. I want her so badly. 

"Then stay Y/n. Stay with me." she said again.

Billie shoved her hand into my pocket and pulled out my phone.

"Call them." she said, thrusting it into my hand.

"And say what?" I asked.

I don't think my parents would be peachy about the idea of me staying here with a girl I met three weeks ago.

"Just call them."

"Fine." I said, taking the phone and standing up. I can't say no to her.

I composed myself and walked back to the car, sitting on the bonnet.

Fuck what am I doing? You know what? I don't care. This is what I want, not fucking A-Levels in England, I want Billie.

I clicked on 'Mum' in my contacts and dialled her number.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

Pick up the phone, please. 

Billie was eagerly looking at me. Her face was prepossessing. Everything about her was captivating. How am I so in love?

Ring... Ring...

"Hello?" my mum uttered from the other end of the phone.

"Mum?"

"Y/n are you alright? You've only been gone for half an hour." she asked, sounding somewhat anxious.

"I'm fine Mum. I just... I... um..."

"What Y/n?" she urged.

"I want to stay." I say.

"You want to stay? I don't understand." 

"I want to stay here, in LA, with Billie. I don't want to go home yet." I state.

"What are you going on about? We have our flight tomorrow." she reminded me. 

I didn't say anything and neither did she for a moment. All I could hear was the clatter of plates and the noise of the restaurant in the background.

"Mum?" I finally asked, desperate for her to say something.

"We need to talk about it properly Y/n, not over the phone." she said, completely serious in her tone. 

I could hear her cover the phone with her hand as she began talking to someone, I assume my dad and Billie's family.

"Get Billie to bring you to her house, we can talk about it there." she said. 

"Okay." I replied, beginning to feel completely uneasy. "I just want to explain."

Billie had noticed and walked over.

"Okay Y/n. See you." my mum said, hanging up the phone without giving me a chance to say anything else.

I dropped the phone and it clambered onto the bonnet. Tears began to stream uncontrollably down my face.

My mum didn't sound pleased, at all. This could be it. I could have to go home and then our relationship would be over. Billie wouldn't want to be my girlfriend if we lived hundreds of miles away. Oh, god no. I don't want this. I can't deal with this. I can't do this.

Billie scooped me into a hug and held me tight. I collapsed into her and began to sob.

"It's alright love. It's alright." she began to solace, placing her hand on the back of my neck.

"We have to go to yours to talk." I stuttered.

"Okay. It's okay baby, I'm right here with you." she continued, "Whatever happens, we'll deal with it together."

I lent into her body, wrapping my arms around her. We held each other for a while whilst I calmed down.

"I love you so much Bil." I said into her chest as we held each other.

She pulled back and cupped my cheeks with her hands.

"Wait here." she said before walking to the side of her car.

She opened the door and pulled her guitar out from the back seat.

She walked back to me and jumped onto the bonnet, sitting right behind me and straddling her legs either side of my body. She pulled the guitar in front of me and lent over my shoulders, beginning to play. 

I lent back into her chest as she plucked the strings. I felt her chest rise and fall behind me and felt the vibrations of the guitar on my chest.

She was playing 'I love you' and began to softly sing into my ears.

I closed my eyes and listened to her ethereal voice.